WWE's Tag Teams

Jason Mayhem

More than a fair shot. They hung around with Bret, they battered Vince McMahon, they beat Big Show and Miz for the titles, they beat Jericho and Miz to retain the titles. And nobody watching ever even considered giving a turd about them.

What I've never understood is the belief that Tyson Kidd is this exceptionally gifted technical wrestler. I genuinely don't remember enjoying a match of his during his time in WWE; he's boring to watch at best, mind-numbingly tedious at worst.

Anyone will start to look like Shawn Michaels if you stand them next to DH Smith long enough.

Whilst I'll agree that DH Smith is as dull as dishwater, I think Tyson Kidd is fantastic. Given the right booking, I think he could go really high in the company.

Honestly, he impressed me in every match I've seen of his.

Whilst I'll agree that DH Smith is as dull as dishwater, I think Tyson Kidd is fantastic. Given the right booking, I think he could go really high in the company.

Honestly, he impressed me in every match I've seen of his.

hmmmm, not for me, cant see him being very marketable at all.

Hart Dynasty were fucking shite. So are the Usos. They're the sort of teams that should be wrestling Kaientai and the Mean Street Posse on Heat, they're not the kind of teams that can spearhead the resurgence of a tag division.

Back when Kaientai were under WWE contract i actually thought they were severely wasted in the role they were given. Michinoku, Teioh and Togo were great talents who i thought could really have added something to the tag division (or the forever failing Light-Heavyweight division).. Funaki arguably wasnt as strong a worker as the others, but he was solid enough.. Do you remember when Kaientai debuted and used to hit all that tandem offence? I thought they were awesome, but it didnt take long for the typical stereotypes to come into play and they never really did much from that point on.. Not unless you count that god awful feud with the Oddities..

As for the Hart Dynasty, i honestly think promoted the right way they could have done well. Sure Smith has zero personality, but the good thing about a stable is you can play to each members strenghs, or in this case, hide their weaknesses.. Kidd does seem to show some personality at times and i feel he could be a midcard star if he was handled right.. Natalya as the mouthpiece of the team i think was the best for all concerned and both Smith and Kidd have suffered as a result of not having here with them now.. Its a pity Teddy screwed up his shot as i think him playing gobshite could have added something to the team..

• Paid Members
Don't forgot a few of WWE's best merch shifters in the past decade came from a long, successful tag team run such as Jeff Hardy and Edge for example. So there goes Vince's why pay 2 to do 1's work.

I don't agree with Vince, but I don't think that's a particularly strong argument, seeing as Matt Hardy and Christian have never shifted as much as singles. It always struck me, as well, that the majority of Edge's stuff sold when he established the "Rated R Superstar" gimmick LONG after going solo.

What I would say is that the Hardy Boyz, when together, were mega-popular with the females and kids, and Lita gave them some credibility with the males - I can't claim to know the figures, but between their images and their "Rock n' Rolls 2000" offence, they must shifted a load of merch, surely?

Archived