ICW: SummerBam (+ screening of WWE SummerSlam at Afterparty!)

MarkDallas

Right, so this is on Sunday night. Any predictions/thoughts etc?

BT Gunn vs. Chris Renfrew - Loser Leaves Town Match

I honestly think that The Gold Label are going to find a way of getting both of these guys out of the door in this match. I don't want to see it. Especially with Renfrew as it's pretty much his home at the moment. The match itself should be an absolute stormer though. They have had normal matches which have been total showstealers but in these circumstances they should even manage to top that. I both 1) can't wait and 2) don't REALLY want to see what the aftermath is.

Liam Thomson vs. Andy Wild - Best of Five Series

Since Andy Wild brought back the last one, there's no way that this isn't going to the fifth match. It's been a terrific fued between the two guys though. It's evolved in the last couple of matches to basically both guys avoiding everything each other does and having to find new ways of stopping each other, and I'm all for that continuing in match #4.

STI vs. The Bucky Boys

First of all, the rap battle. William Grange seems to love the controversial remarks so he's bound to be terrific here. The Wee Man will probably rip him a new fanny though. The match itself? Well, just look at what they did in the Classic Grand. Absolute wall to wall madness by four men who looked ready to steal the show. The Bucky Boys are quickly becoming my ICW heroes. Prediction? I think the STI will win and take us to a rubber match with a stipulation at the big one.

Wolfgang vs. Kid Fite

It says a lot for three matches on a four match card that I don't care about this one much. No doubt that this will be good though. On second viewing, I realised that these two guys in a singles match would be swell as they fairly laid in to each other. Kid Fite in particular stood out in that match. No wonder The Gold Label are so desperate to do something about him.

Other stuff? Not sure really. I actually think we'll see Tank and Johnny Starr vs. Absolution. I'd be well up for that.

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

STI(D) v Bucky Boys is gonna be high flying mayhem as usual! BT v Renfrew - jeez lets hope it stays in the ring????

It's going to be interesting to see how the rest of the card unfolds, or will the label just f@ck it up.

Noam v Cage would be a cracker (also nice to see them kick the shit out of each other).

Me - well I'm going to get rather jolly beforehand and really looking forward to the stands!

Noam vs. Cage would be good, but The Gold Label kinda like Absolution, do they not? I don't think that would make sense. Although my memory is telling me that Noam might have got a kicking from them after the Scramble, so what do I know?

As for Renfrew vs. Gunn staying in the ring... BWUAHAHA!!! Fat chance.

A few things about that show now that I've watched it back.

* I didn't really get Rob Cage's switch to his new schtick on the night, so I'm now going to assume that he's done with Absolution?

* The opener between Christopher and Sean South is a much better opener than I gave it for at the time. Sean South is such a brilliant babyface and Christopher along with Kennedy know how to get the crowd against them.

* Noam Dar looked like an absolute beast towards the end of his match with Falcon. Falcon was all fire and fury and it made the title look like something important as he seemed to sway away from wrestling in order to just keep Noam at bay. When Noam gets going though, he's lethal.

* The Buckys vs. STI is absolutely amazing. It's definately a bit of a spotfest, but the effort is unreal and they just maul each other for ages. I had a fuzzy feeling watching it back. Match of the night.

* Liam Thomson vs. Andy Wild is BETTER than any previous match that they've had. The added drama of the ref bump helped to really send it over the edge even when it was a cracker.

* Vinnie James vs. Joe Coffey probably would have suited being a bit shorter and just being an absolute war between the two, but it slowed a bit and the momentum was kinda lost. It picked up again for the ending though. Good match.

* The main event was absolute madness. I was a wee bit worried that all of the crowd brawling would come across as boring but it came across as mental which was the intended effect, so well played.

It's probably the best ICW show to date.

I'm sure the "results" will get posted shortly. Bit unsure myself (alcohol and)also chaos was the flavour of the day. GL tried to assert their authority by sacking everything that moved, starting with MC Tommy and then across the card. Some amazing matches with the usual side platter of mayhem. Nae tables, only one chair, a few sprinkles, nae flaming 2by4's but my god what a night.

Teabags and glad rags were the order for Wolfgang. Noam v Wolfgang (injured - ingrown toenail apparently) was as good as you can get. STI(D) against the Bucky Boys just never losese and of the flavour, nice wee twist with Lambrini! The battle rap was out of this world.

Dallas turning up, backed up by the rest of the ICW and taking back control (if there is such a thing in ICW) from the GL and duly putting them in their place with a gang bang teabaging session.

Okay. A whole bunch of notes.

* People throwing things into the ring are cunts. Pure and simple. Encouraging to hear the booing aimed their way whenever it happened, but it happened to often.

* Dallas didn't take back control. He didn't lose it in the first place, and looking back on it, this irks the ever loving shit out of me. Why did Noam Dar come out all smiles with Dallas at the end when it was his secrecy that cost Noam Dar the Zero G Title?

* Liam/Wild do it again with a cracker of an opener. Probably on a par with their first two matches, but not quite their last one. Lofty expectations with these two guys and that speaks volumes.

* Abusing Christopher and Kennedy has become something of a real pleasure. Couldn't even resist giving him the finger when he poked his head out of the curtain for about a second. Lovely. Tough as fuck is Christopher though and I hope he starts going further. Rob Cage's new music is awesome.

* Noam Dar with the Oasis writing on his trunks. "Live Forever". Aye, okay. Lionheart had me rooting for him with his one legged ass kicker act. That was untill Wolfgang came in and turned me against him again.

* If Red Lightning isn't a bonafide ICW main eventer after last night, I don't know what he needs to do. The Gold Label had their most vicious night and even some of their fans were taken aback, and Lightning was the instigator of ALL of it.

* James Scott vs. Johnny Star = Fucking glorious.

* William Grange's rap was brilliant. Buckys and STI didn't QUITE match their first but it was a good ride.

* BT Gunn vs. Chris Renfrew was amazing before The Gold Label came out. And then... THAT ending. The roof came off the fucking place. It seems that The Gold Label are now the ones that are outnumbered.

Also, announced for Fear and Loathing is BT Gunn vs. James Scott for the title.

Archived