Name change coming for TNA?

PunkStep

• Paid Members
To be fair i dont think anybody has used the phrase "T & A" since 1999 anyway. Seriously though, unless its still a big "phrase" in the US, i cant see why being called TNA is a problem to be honest.

The Beautiful People were on Soccer AM a couple of years ago and when they said they were part of TNA wrestling, everybody started wolf whistling and shouting "OI! OI!" and other 'lad' type stuff. That's a good example of what potential customers think when they here the initials.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members
To be fair i dont think anybody has used the phrase "T & A" since 1999 anyway. Seriously though, unless its still a big "phrase" in the US, i cant see why being called TNA is a problem to be honest.

The Beautiful People were on Soccer AM a couple of years ago and when they said they were part of TNA wrestling, everybody started wolf whistling and shouting "OI! OI!" and other 'lad' type stuff. That's a good example of what potential customers think when they here the initials.

They were probably the same meat-heads that then flocked to the Soccer AM forums to say they were a pair of munters.

One of the birds from Jersey shore was laughing at the TNA name as well for obvious reasons.

Apparently Spike TV are going after more general audience than the male audience they have now from what I have read on a few MMA sites. They will still stick to some of the Male dominated programes but will be going after the over 34 and Female audince, the way that USA Network and TBS do.

So that might be a reason for a possible name change.

• Paid Members

Isn't Dixie's potential stepping-down just a case of 'laying low', following the sexual assault claim and the other big thing that's recently happened(that I can't even remember now)? I also read that her Mum would take over as president in the meantime. That might've been on Gerweck.net also.

They should have gave Kev the book while they still had the chance..

I'd have liked to have seen a booking team of Nash and Cornette whilst he was there. Nash for the big picture, Cornette doing Russo's job of laying out the tv shows. Ah well.

Archived