Name change coming for TNA?

PunkStep

• Paid Members
But "Impact" is the name of a television show that nobody wants to watch.

If you watch TNA, you watch "Impact". No-one buys the PPV's and house shows are few and far between. Impact is TNA's only decent brand. TNA is horribly tacky, always has been.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members
TNA is horribly tacky, always has been.

I'm all up for a name change, but naming the company the name of the TV show I dont agree with. The big talk was changing the company to a traditional pro wrestling name like "Impact Pro Wrestling", so you would call it "IPW Impact" or something. Does this mean the show is called "Impact Wrestling Impact" or is the show just "Impact Wrestling"? And does that mean Xplosion is now called "Impact Wrestling Xplosion"? Whats the TV show called if the company is show called "Impact Wrestling"?

• Paid Members
Maybe if the Dixie/Panda Energy fallout rumour is true, maybe they have to change it as Panda owns the original TNA copyright?

A wrestling company getting fucked over by a panda in the courts? Inconceivable!

• Paid Members
Maybe if the Dixie/Panda Energy fallout rumour is true, maybe they have to change it as Panda owns the original TNA copyright?

A wrestling company getting fucked over by a panda in the courts? Inconceivable!

The irony is brilliant.

• Paid Members

Panda Energy does own the TNA copyright (since they own TNA afterall) so its them that will be enforcing this change. Since they own TNA, they will own this Impact Wrestling trademark as well, so it cant have anything to do with that. Panda wants TNA to start making money, thats why they stuck that Janice lass incharge of the finances and thats why they are doing a rebranding of the promotion. It'll still be the same promotion though. Same writers, same wrestlers, same everything. Just a different name (if its true they are dropping the name). They really should bring in new writers. It would be interesting to see how the promotion would look with new writing staff.

• Moderators
They really should bring in new writers. It would be interesting to see how the promotion would look with new writing staff.

It would, but I can't think of many notables who are available. Reckon it's worth taking a punt on Kevin Sullivan?

• Paid Members
It would, but I can't think of many notables who are available. Reckon it's worth taking a punt on Kevin Sullivan?

People give Sullivan shit, but he was the head writer during WCW's most creative period. He gets a lot of shite for that 2000 period, but his hands were tied. Half the roster walked out because they fired Russo, Scott Hall wasnt feeling to clever, Bret Hart (the World champion) was forced into retirement, Sting walked out in protest at his treatment (and nobody knows why even now considering how well he was treated) and Goldberg was out for half the year. He had a roster of nobody to work with. I like Sullivan. His theroy of avoiding doing whatever the other promotion is doing is a good one. And he's the only one who's said he'd put his money where his mouth is and take the job.

• Moderators

He did do well in 2000 I reckon. Again, he had nothing there and only really had Sid, Nash and Jarrett to build around until Team Package. Also, watching his guest booker is interesting as he was discussinbg how he was planning the year all around a Goldberg return to the title around the time of that years Starrcade. I think a bit of booking looking to a long term future and not the TNA ADHD method they are often guilty of would be a nice change of pace.

• Paid Members
I read earlier on Gerweck (pinch of salt?) that if Dixie Carter did end up stepping down as President, it'd be Vince Russo and Terry Taylor stepping up to run the company.

It'll be someone from Panda who'll take over surely. I dont think old Bob is daft enough to get rid of his daughter and replace her with two wrestling people who have never ran a company in an executive position before. That might be someone taking the piss, because Taylor and Russo got Cornette the sack. Surely if Carter goes, all her mates go with her. Dutch Mantell's said in his shoot interview Russo's only there because of Carter. Hogan and Bischoff wanted him gone but she never backed down on it. There's a lot of conspiracy theories in TNA though. Jesse Ventura should be head of the Network.

Archived