The Official World Snooker Championship thread

Devon Malcolm

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ali Carter has been cracking this morning. Kudos to Dott who hasn't been bad at all, but Carter has a 3-1 lead and is worth it and I wouldn't be surprised if he went on to hammer Dott with the way he's playing. He's a possible dark horse to win it if he plays like that through the whole thing.

Mark Williams is up 10-2 on Cope. Christ.

• Paid Members

Superb session tonight. Selby in sumptuous form. Hardly missed a shot. Barry Hawkins did brilliantly to tun 9-12 into 12-12 against mark Allen, then hit the Blue on his break shot and Allen potted 12 reds and 12 blacks to win it!

• 2 weeks later...

Fuck off Higgins with your stupid fucking family.

Trump's moment stolen. He let himself down big time but he has been a great breath of fresh air in the tournament. The atmosphere at the start of the session tonight was electric.

I've seen far worse fly on here to much applause. I have nothing against his family. I'm just gutted a great final ended in what I felt was a bit of an anticlimax. One I had a considerable sum of money on :(.

hazeli0009cc.JPG

How do you feel about winning the snooker considering the fact that your Dad's dead?

hazeli0009cc.JPG

Forget about the snooker, how do you feel about your Dad being dead?

hazeli0009cc.JPG

YOUR DAD'S DEAD!!

hazeli0009cc.JPG

What will it take to get you to cry?

I switched off when Higgins got to 17 frames as it seemed inevitable he was going to win and in my eyes, a sad day for Snooker. It seems the authorities are trying to gloss over his misdemeanors and I think his suspension was a farce and laughable, and don't buy Higgins' excuses in the slightest. The guy should have been banned and suspended a la Quentin Hann, and I would have gladly seen him gone for life.

Trump's day will come, and some of the shots he pulled out in the final were incredible and his long potting was first class. As was said, he was a breath of fresh air for the game this past fortnight. The Beeb also had an interesting stat that Trump is 14 years younger than O'Sullivan, who in turn is 14 years younger than Jimmy White, who was 14 years younger than Alex Higgins.

Elsewhere, it was nice to see Ray Reardon at the final, RIP 'Whispering' Ted, and I still find Rob Walker unbearable.

I switched off when Higgins got to 17 frames as it seemed inevitable he was going to win and in my eyes, a sad day for Snooker. It seems the authorities are trying to gloss over his misdemeanors and I think his suspension was a farce and laughable, and don't buy Higgins' excuses in the slightest. The guy should have been banned and suspended a la Quentin Hann, and I would have gladly seen him gone for life.

Trump's day will come, and some of the shots he pulled out in the final were incredible and his long potting was first class. As was said, he was a breath of fresh air for the game this past fortnight. The Beeb also had an interesting stat that Trump is 14 years younger than O'Sullivan, who in turn is 14 years younger than Jimmy White, who was 14 years younger than Alex Higgins.

Elsewhere, it was nice to see Ray Reardon at the final, RIP 'Whispering' Ted, and I still find Rob Walker unbearable.

Pretty much the same here, I've always found John Higgins unlikeable and the scandal over him throwing frames should of seen him banned for good, his excuse was laughable. Trump has been bloody awesome this tournament and made it really exciting to watch all the time he's at the table, hopefully he comes back even stronger and becomes the new snooker superstar.

Trumps fans were really annoying all night. Even when he potted a simple shot they were going mental and wooing like twats, really grated on me. Kinda turned me against him just to shut them up.

Wanted Mark Williams to win so disappointed, good tournament this year though.

Same here for all those reasons. I found him a smug bastard even before the scandal.

Archived