The Official World Snooker Championship thread

Devon Malcolm

• Paid Members

I've seen Mark Williams produce quite a laugh or two in interviews before to be honest, and apparently he's got quite a dry sense of humour away from the table. Not that it really matters a jot either way, he's definately a talented player.

Last year I stuck a fiver on Graham Dott at 100-1 and he got all the way to the final. Tempted to back another outsider again this year.

My first ever bet on any kind of sporting event was for Dott back when he won the title. He was actually losing to Ronnie O'Sullivan in the Semi-Finals at the time, hence he was the guy who had the best odds. He won, thus earning me the princely sum of Thirty English pounds. I then used the money on some cheap PSone games in the shop next door to the Ladbrooks. Mr.Dott and Mr.Bandicoot, I am forever in your gratitude.

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

And Robertson is out, 10-8. I do like Trump and he's been playing some good snooker lately but this is still a bit of a shock.

Murphy is 8-0 up in his game, I havn't seen any of it but it sounds like he's started off pretty perfectly.

• Paid Members
I was certain that with the way Judd Trump was playing earlier that he didn't have the nerve for that match, but he didn't half settle into that one, did he?

Aye. Great overall temperament to settle down and get back into the groove. Fantastic victory for him and rightly so because he deserved it. Brilliant first day of Snooker, lots of goodness.

• Paid Members

I expected Williams v Day to be a lot closer - tough match that for Williams and having won so comfortably, he has to be regarded as one of the favourites. Carter pasting Dave Harold was slightly surprising too.

• Paid Members
Carter pasting Dave Harold was slightly surprising too.

Carter was a big favourite on Friday to win the game. Was surprised with the thrashing too though. Be interesting to see Ronnie tomorrow. I nearly had a couple of quid on Dale at 100/30. Might be value if Ronnie really did want to pull out.

Archived