Surprising commentary

Ant

I'm actually liking Sin Cara a lot - christ, it's something different at least.

Is it something different? It doesn't feel like anything new to me. The main thing I like about him is his music. Apart from that, it's just Rey Mysterio with tighter trousers.

Out of interest how long into the show did Sin Cara's match take place?

The reason I ask is I attended the RAW taping last Monday (day after Mania) and there was a definite crowd flattening about an hour and a quarter/half into the RAW show. Bear in mind you have to 'endure' dark matches etc before the show goes live, so perhaps the crowd being flat would be inevitable for Sin Cara if he was late into the show.

For what its worth, it's Primo's 'fault' in my view re: slipping, but its an accident so can't really blame him for it - that said, the move looks very awkward, and if a guy like Primo (small/agile) is going to struggle taking it who else can take it comfortably?

Might be going over the top, but I wouldn't be surprised if they were considering pulling Sin Cara for a couple of weeks to reassess how his matches go.

Sin Cara looked very nervous to me Monday night, and it transmits to the audience at home and in the arena. The botch at the end was cringeworthy, and was one of those moments that totally exposes wrestling. He could have landed on his feet, got back in the ring, pulled Primo down, given him another move or a few more strikes, then set him back up there, as if to say, "after those extra shots, he's not gonna be able to push me off this time". But he didn't, which to me showed nerves and lack of ability to react to the situation. All of which are totally understandable. But it begs the question whether he is ready for what he is being asked to do.

Also, as someone else has said, how is fighting underneath against Primo for a whole match (someone who hasn't been seen on Raw or been competetive for how long?) intended to get Sin Cara over or make him look viable? Maybe he should be having these matches on the house show circuit to polish his skills, but more appropriate for him would surely be getting short, sharp tv experience with run-ins like last week on Sheamus, or total squashes against anonymous masked competitors as if to showcase his unique lucha style and heritage.

Overall, I don't see where they are going to go with this, and if I was WWE, I'd pull him and go back to the drawing board before too much damage is done.

Sin Cara looked very nervous to me Monday night, and it transmits to the audience at home and in the arena. The botch at the end was cringeworthy, and was one of those moments that totally exposes wrestling. He could have landed on his feet, got back in the ring, pulled Primo down, given him another move or a few more strikes, then set him back up there, as if to say, "after those extra shots, he's not gonna be able to push me off this time". But he didn't, which to me showed nerves and lack of ability to react to the situation. All of which are totally understandable. But it begs the question whether he is ready for what he is being asked to do.

Also, as someone else has said, how is fighting underneath against Primo for a whole match (someone who hasn't been seen on Raw or been competetive for how long?) intended to get Sin Cara over or make him look viable? Maybe he should be having these matches on the house show circuit to polish his skills, but more appropriate for him would surely be getting short, sharp tv experience with run-ins like last week on Sheamus, or total squashes against anonymous masked competitors as if to showcase his unique lucha style and heritage.

Overall, I don't see where they are going to go with this, and if I was WWE, I'd pull him and go back to the drawing board before too much damage is done.

I blame Primo for the situation also, as once Sin Cara had fallen and hit the floor, Primo could have at least got off the top rope and tried to follow up or something. He just looked like an idiot sat there waiting for Sin Cara to come back.

Archived