Surprising commentary

Ant

I watched the Sin Cara match and was astounded at how the commentators reacted to the botch from the ropes.

One of them tried to cover it up (can't recall the exact wording) and the other laughed it off, the way you'd expect a cynic of the product (not a heel) would.

I don't watch much WWE tv (in fact I probably spend more time at live WWE shows than watching their TV) - is this sort of thing the norm when there's a botch, or perhaps even a boring match?

I quickly re-watched it on Youtube. I dunno...sounded like Lawler was going into another explanation for the attempted cover up by Josh Matthews. Matthews said Primo countered, Lawler suggested otherwise. Cole seemed to chuckle either at Lawler or at the kick to Primo. I've heard Cole laugh like that before when a big move is hit.

Odd though.

Just one of those fuck-ups, I think. Cole will often condemn a boring match as it happens, but that's in-character. There was a match recently where someone's finisher was a bit cocked up, and one of the commentators (I think it was Booker T, maybe JR) must have been expecting a redo because he went "I don't think he got all of it... Oh, yeah he did."

They didn't cover it up well at all. Sin Cara took a bump from the top rope to the outisde, stood up and they re worked the exact same spot. The whole match was wrong for me. Primo got way too much offence in and Sin Cara never got enough. You know fine well that Sin Cara's complete lack of selling of certain things won't go down well with the upstairs types.

• Paid Members

To be fair, i read the comments on here and then watched the match, and shock horror, it wasnt as bad as i imagined it was gonna be. There was one weak point in the match and that was the botch spot and in all honesty, ive gotta point the balme at Primo (from how it looked), saying that, these things happen.

I think his music lets him down a bit, he is meant to be a super fast bolt of energetic lightning, or whatever, yet his music didnt really scream "im gonna excite you so make some noise". Although i personally like what he is all about, the look, the tradition video package etc etc, he is going to be taking over the Mysterio fast pace energy gimmick and kids need to get behind him.

I thought it was a canny match for a short quick 'get him over' affair, just not sure he is going to get 'over' with kids the way he is currently packaged.

Springboard enterance is canny cool though

That was Primo's botch, not Sin Cara's - Primo's foot slipped on the ropes and he fell down, which knocked Sin Cara off balance.

Didn't look like Sin Cara lost his balance to me. Looked like he responded to Primo's slip by deciding to bump off it as though thrown... Then completely no-sell it and get back up.

• Paid Members
That was Primo's botch, not Sin Cara's - Primo's foot slipped on the ropes and he fell down, which knocked Sin Cara off balance.

Didn't look like Sin Cara lost his balance to me. Looked like he responded to Primo's slip by deciding to bump off it as though thrown... Then completely no-sell it and get back up.

Not saying he covered it well, but the initial mistake was Primo's. The way I saw it, he began to lose his balance, and went for the flip bump to the outside.

I'm actually liking Sin Cara a lot - christ, it's something different at least.

• Paid Members

Regardless of whose fault it was, the botch wasn't the only bad thing for the match. The crowd were very dead for it and just appeared to be sitting on their hands waiting for the next cool move and going "oooh" slightly quieter each time. I don't think the match made Sin Cara look very good at all which is a shame as I was into him the past two weeks. I think he needs some work on being a bit more like Rey in working the crowd and such.

Or maybe it was just because he was against Primo.

• Paid Members

He's super agile and he landed on his feet. Realistically, he wouldn't need to sell anything.

Archived