Is Gauntley on the way back...?

Your Fight Site

No Robbie (X) did a swanton from the ring apron to the floor onto Tighe and I think landed hard on his back.

The poor lad was teary afterwards.

I will say, to his credit, he is the ONLY good thing to have come out of the 1PW training academy and is turning into a pretty decent wrestler.

I'm sure alot of people might find that slightly insulting ;) Although he is probably the best student to come out of the academy.

I'm pretty sure his brother has done quite well for himself too. IMO the best ref around these shores atm.

Calm down! I think he was joking, everybody knows the Donny Bull was the only good thing to come out of the 1PW training academy!

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members
The Burridge vs Tighe match you mentioned actually was part of an interpromotional war attempt against IPW:UK as it happened in Orpington. 1PW took a coach full of fans down for the match.

The kid in question is now in the UKFF 50.......

I make no comment on his abilities now, I've never seen him. It doesn't change the fact that he was a barely-trained kid at the time, and that it was an absolutely fuck-headed thing for him to do, and for 1PW to let him do. The only thing I can say about him critically now, though, is that I saw a picture of him a couple of years back, and he looked like a pasty, flabby teen. From what people have said on here, though, he sounds like he's worked hard, so I'd hazard a guess he's probably got a decent physique now, or is at least on the way to one.

Yep.

Donny Bull, Axl Rage, Blayze Baley, and all those other excellent technicians and ambassadors to BritWres the 1PW training school produced.

There's actually a guy called Blayze Bailey? How lazy. Could've at least varied it from the original a little to sound like it, but not actually be it.

Also, wasn't Gary Player the first guy to emerge from the 1PW Academy, and wasn't he held in rather high regard?

• Paid Members

I believe it was Luke Axel who was the 1PW Academy guy. He wasn't very good.

(Axel Rage is the guy who has been in FutureShock, All Star, GPW, XWA and FWA, who is pretty damn decent)

It was also Blaze Bentley, not Bailey. He wasn't very good either.

Donny Bull, well, he wasn't any good.

Jack Russell wasn't any good.

Gary Player actually was pretty good, but seems to have jacked in this whole pro wrestling lark.

To be honest, if I could've remembered the names without having to go to the effort of looking them up, I'd be concerned.

And Player was decent, as was one other guy. But Player no showed 1PW/101 a few times and disappeared, and the other guy apparently got shit after 1PW folded and I think has disappeared also.

• Paid Members

(Axel Rage is the guy who has been in FutureShock, All Star, GPW, XWA and FWA, who is pretty damn decent)

Gary Player actually was pretty good, but seems to have jacked in this whole pro wrestling lark.

I also remember a guy called Juggernaut, he worked for SAS a couple of times. Not bad, given the stage in his career. I'm guessing he's not around any more.

I also remember a guy called Juggernaut, he worked for SAS a couple of times. Not bad, given the stage in his career. I'm guessing he's not around any more.

I think he's worked for GPW in the past.

I think he's worked for GPW in the past. Along with a few others. I think he trained elsewhere before 1pw as well.

Edit. fucked that edit up.

• Paid Members
I really enjoyed Juggernaughts GPW work. Cant comment on anything else he did. He was turning into a solid Japanese style big guy but he's retired now due to injury

Didn't see much that was Japanese-style about him, but he was definitely improving at an impressive rate. Shame he's had to retire so early.

Just if anyone was interested in seeing Robbie X (the lad that swantoned on tighe) here is my page which is full of his matches within the last or so, do have more recent ones, but havent uploaded them as of yet :)

http://www.youtube.com/user/missjackiebell?feature=mhum

Also more on subject i really do hope PW:101 comes back, i thoroughly enjoyed the shows they did, and hope they come back :D

• Paid Members
I had a funny dream this week. Steven Gauntley and Peter Staniforth both got together and launched POWER TRIP WRESTLING 101! It's the promotion the competion don't want you to see and the promtion that will deliver all it's promises and if you pay for your ticket in advance you will not be screwed over. Then i woke up.

Not for the first time something of yours has been cut off before the end eh?

• Paid Members
I had a funny dream this week. Steven Gauntley and Peter Staniforth both got together and launched POWER TRIP WRESTLING 101! It's the promotion the competion don't want you to see and the promtion that will deliver all it's promises and if you pay for your ticket in advance you will not be screwed over. Then i woke up.

Not for the first time something of yours has been cut off before the end eh?

img2.jpg

Archived