Showtime Championship Wrestling - The Crowning

mr-showtime

Can't wait for this. I will defo be there : ) I've been to every scw show so far and would recommend them to anybody. Good luck guys see you on the 8th

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Paul Malen Vs Joseph Connors

Joseph Connors Win Via DQ

Andy Pool Vs Martin Kirby

Andy Pool Won Via Pinfall

Mark Massa Vs James Mason

James Mason Won

Daves Breaks Vs Tank

Tank Won Via Speak

Brad Ford/Jonny Breeze Vs Shane World/?????

Brad Ford/Jonny Breeze Won Via Roll Up

Axel Bowen Vs El Ligero

El Ligero Won Via Roll Up

James Mason Vs Joseph Connors

James Mason NEW SCW Champion

• Paid Members

James Mason Won

Daves Breaks Vs Tank

Tank Won Via Speak

Axel Bowen Vs El Ligero

Really good show , Just wanted to say that I was really really impressed with Joseph Conners tonight , just thought he excelled in both his matches , showing real character and great wrestling , for me he was defo the star of the night.

The new belt looked great !

And lastly love Dave Breaks chops to Tank - Tanks chest was wrecked - loved it.

Well done to Rob and all the Showtime crew , we really enjoyed it !!!!!

What a show! !!!!

This keeps getting better to the point when I'm not coventry ill travel up just to watch. Crowds growing and the nites are great.

Is malen hurt or was it a work?

Andy poole v kirby was a great match. Kirby made me laugh a lot

Massa mason great match never see a bad mason match to be fair.

Dave breaks battered tank with them chops. Ouch.

Tag spot realy made me laugh. I'm starting to think the guy with the bowler hat is leading the comedy spots of these shows.

Ligero was awesome first time I seen him. Duno why his music was mixed with kirbys though.

Great main event. Best match I ever seen. Great face champion for scw. Love these guys hope it keeps going.

Didn't catch the next show date. Hope the card stays this strong np bad matchs anyway.

On a side note who runs scw cause I had a chat with the pa guy mat who said he runs it? ? Message above says rob. Is it both or someone else and these guys work for them.

Well done scw thanks for a great night

Did you notice James Mason won because it was the UEWA belt ?? A he is the champion for them

James Mason Won

Daves Breaks Vs Tank

Tank Won Via Speak

Axel Bowen Vs El Ligero

Really good show , Just wanted to say that I was really really impressed with Joseph Conners tonight , just thought he excelled in both his matches , showing real character and great wrestling , for me he was defo the star of the night.

The new belt looked great !

And lastly love Dave Breaks chops to Tank - Tanks chest was wrecked - loved it.

Well done to Rob and all the Showtime crew , we really enjoyed it !!!!!

Does anybody know why Xander Cooper wasn't on the show ?

Probably because he is utter shit and the promoters realised this. The show sounds great and is guaranteed to have been much better without him there stinking up the place!

Just wanted to say that I was really really impressed with Joseph Conners tonight , just thought he excelled in both his matches , showing real character and great wrestling , for me he was defo the star of the night.

Gotta agree with every word of this. Conners has been brilliant everytime I've seen him and the guy never fails to put on a great match.

Probably because he is utter shit and the promoters realised this. The show sounds great and is guaranteed to have been much better without him there stinking up the place!

I sort of hope you are a friend of Xander's pulling a harmless rib because I would have no idea where you would get this opinion from otherwise. I think he is an extraordinary talent and shows nothing but control and passion in his work. This is the first real criticism of him I have heard (I have heard praise from people up and down the country) so would be interested in understanding why you don't rate him.

Sorry I couldn't make the show guys, glad it was such a roaring success :)

Well thank you for the great comments and thank you for coming along and showing your support at SCW-The Crowning. The event was great on every level and we cant wait to return in July.

We have a real task on our hands to better this event but are already underway in the planning stages to bring Daventry another huge night of wrestling action.

To answer the question of Xander Coopper. It is nothing to do with his talent and we feel xander is a great young talent and is going to be big in this country. However was unable to make the show last minute and this is why there was no word he wouldnt be there as we ourself did not no until realy late in the day.

We are sorry to our fans he wasnt there as advertised but this was totaly out of our hands.

SCW are very pleased with the first champion James Mason and we are working on finding him a suitable opponant for the first title defence.

We are also very happy to annouce that Paul Malen is on the road to recovery. Before Paul Malen left the building last night he was very vocal about coming back in July to take on Jospeh Conners one on one. Malen has vowed to break the neck of Joseph Conners after the attack from Conners last night whic left Malen unable to take his spot in the semi final of the title chase.

On a more personal note. The support we are getting from the forum and from the local area has been amazing. Its great to see people now coming along and showing there support in a vocal manner at our events. Last night realy made all the hard work we have both been putting in feel worthwhile. SCW are here to stay and are currently active in looking for new venues and new towns to venture out into. We have some good contacts within the sporting world and have some big ideas if not for this year the start of next. We hope the support continues and are very proud of the product we have right now.

I sort of hope you are a friend of Xander's pulling a harmless rib because I would have no idea where you would get this opinion from otherwise. I think he is an extraordinary talent and shows nothing but control and passion in his work. This is the first real criticism of him I have heard (I have heard praise from people up and down the country) so would be interested in understanding why you don't rate him.

Sorry I couldn't make the show guys, glad it was such a roaring success :)

I have debated with myself on whether or not to respond to this post as I really don't want to turn this thread into a discussion on someone who wasn't even there. Instead the thread should be all about Showtime Wrestling who from what I've read put on a great night of action. However since you asked it would be rude of me not to explain myself.

I don't know Xander nor am I 'pulling a rib' on him. I am simply stating my opinion from viewing the 7 or 8 'matches' that I've seen him have. Of course other people may disagree with me and have a different view but my opinion is based on a few key aspects that I expect from wrestlers when I watch them perform such as the ability to sell, looking like a wrestler, in ring psychology, believability and the ability to connect with an audience. None of which Xander does. Hence I think he is shit.

His general appearance is one of a podgy or doughy school kid rather than someone who's meant to be a professional or serious athlete. His strikes in particular are just woeful and he honestly looks like if he were placed in a paper bag he would struggle to punch, kick or forearm his way out.

The next big aspect is I just don't believe a single thing that happens in his matches as non of it is convincing. Each time he has a 'match' he seems to perform a bunch of highly contrived and for the most part sloppily executed spots.

Lastly he comes across as having a bit punchable expression or look on his face. He's the type of guy that if you saw on a night out you'd instantly want to chin. I don't really know how to explain it other than it's a cross between a smug look and appearing insincere in his expressions. Which as you can appreciate isn't the best thing to have considering he normally plays a babyface role, and therefore needs to be liked.

When i first saw him i could just about tolerate his act as he used to bounce on things like his space hopper but he doesnt even do that now. I'm sure over time he can improve on some of those aspects but at the moment he embodies everything that is bad about British Wrestling from his poor physic, lack of believability and having a cunt face.

Archived