Major WWE superstar retires through injury

Daaaaaad!

• Paid Members
Edge always came across as a top bloke and seemed to be enthusiastic about anything he did with WWE. .

Erm, that whole Matt Hardy-Lita thing? Did he really come across as a top bloke during all that? Because I'm fairly sure everyone thought he was a bit of a dick during that whole incident.

It's only Matt 'I love grapes' Hardy. Lita was gagging for a proper bit of cock after spending years with that walking meltdown.

• Replies 179
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The end of a tremendous career and an incredibly sad monumental day for the WWE. We as fans have lost HBK, Batista,Jericho and Edge from the roster. The WWE is feeling a bit empty for me now personally, losing so many great talents. I hope Christian does become to SD what Edge was and due to Christian's slower scheduele in TNA I hope we see him stick around quite a while longer.

Edge always came across as a top bloke and seemed to be enthusiastic about anything he did with WWE. .

Erm, that whole Matt Hardy-Lita thing? Did he really come across as a top bloke during all that? Because I'm fairly sure everyone thought he was a bit of a dick during that whole incident.

In fairness, everyone thought Matt Hardy was a top bloke during that incident. I think we can all look back now and accept we had it the wrong way round.

• Paid Members

As far as Edge highlight go, how about these?

Edge goes insane and takes Vickie on "a ride to hell"

Mattt Hardy attacks Edge - First time round I actually thought the first attack was real!

Gutted Edge is gone, I've always been a massive fan of the guy as a heel, there's very few better when he's on the top of his heelish game.

As much as I will miss Edge - if the pain and injuries have got that bad for him then its good he has left now. Too many wrestlers carry on through the injuries etc and its good to know edge has known when to call it a day before he causes himself anymore harm.

It's for the best. He's been unbelievably stale since his return at the Royal Rumble two years ago. The original Rated R run was amazing at the time. I think his first title win at New Year's Revolution was the last time I really "marked out" as it were. He was a superb heel, one of the best. Things like grabbing his t-shirts from the arena he was in so nobody could buy them and taunting Michael Hayes about 8-balls of cocaine made for great TV. He was also part of arguably the greatest ladder/TLC match spot of all time with the SuperSpear on Jeff Hardy at Mania X-Seven.

Kinda interesting that he debuted by breaking a guy's neck and now he's going out having nearly broken his own.

Adios Edge, when you were good you were pretty damn great.

I feel gutted that Edge has retired. They sure kept this injury quiet and this makes his retirement even more shocking.

He had a great career and achieved everything that he wanted to and I think he left at the top of his game. I loved watching him wrestle and in 2006 he was the most entertaining character to watch. He is definitely one of my favourites of all time. I would say a sure fire hall of famer at some point. Let's hope he sticks around as I think he has a lot to offer.

Thanks Edge!!!

• Paid Members

Absolutely gutted. The guy was probably the most entertaining heel in the company for a good four years or so and was one half of my personal favorite tag team of all time.

• Paid Members

Rather shocking, this. It's just come out of nowhere - I'd have had the Undertaker down as retiring first before Edge did, Edge didn't seem anyhere near as beaten up.

Archived