Anyone here in a band and fancy a gig in Glasgow?

dangerously420

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members
I can't wait to book a venue for a wrestling show, then book wrestlers and tell them I'll pay them if they bring 25 paying customers with them. It must have been why I only drew 20 or so for that show I did a few years ago...

I think you'll find it's "Bring as many people as you can: bring the most and you win the battle royale."

• Paid Members
I can't wait to book a venue for a wrestling show, then book wrestlers and tell them I'll pay them if they bring 25 paying customers with them. It must have been why I only drew 20 or so for that show I did a few years ago...

I think you'll find it's "Bring as many people as you can: bring the most and you win the battle royale."

See, I knew there was a reason I got out of promoting after one show. I just don't know enough and would miss critical promotional tactics like this.

For old times sake:

24-7promo.jpg

Ah brings back memories of people acting like a complete and utter bellend towards me on the altnation boards.

Seriously i want to know why people have such a problem with me? All i want to do is to be able to do things. Run them right and for them to be a sucess to help further myself and aid me in having a better life for myself. All i get on forums is constant take the piss out of me from people who are lesser people than me.

• Moderators
Seriously i want to know why people have such a problem with me? All i want to do is to be able to do things. Run them right and for them to be a sucess to help further myself and aid me in having a better life for myself. All i get on forums is constant take the piss out of me

I dunno, man. Perhaps people are just being cyberbullies, or th

from people who are lesser people than me.

Oh, it's this.

• Paid Members
people who are lesser people than me.

Until someone else comes on here and posts a "shoot", claims to be a promoter without even having control of a tv remote, or starts bragging about how their girlfriend is a shareholder in TNA because they received an adertising email, then, no, Thomas, there's no such thing as lower than you.

Any chance you could hook me up with some ringtones mate?.

• Paid Members

In some ways I admire Tommy because he's so completely and utterly blissfully lacking in self-awareness despite being such an utter, utter cock that it's almost a superhuman effort on his part. Almost every post of his is inadvertent gold.

By the way, good of him to remind me that he's almost as highly regarded on the AltNation board, and here's a particularly excellent thread about when he tried to flog a pair of Owl City tickets on there. Some of the responses are very interesting, I'm sure you'll agree:-

http://www.altnation.com/forums/buy-sell-t...ay-may-8th.html

EDIT - this one is quite good, too:-

http://www.altnation.com/forums/pro-wrestl...otland-may.html

In some ways I admire Tommy because he's so completely and utterly blissfully lacking in self-awareness despite being such an utter, utter cock that it's almost a superhuman effort on his part. Almost every post of his is inadvertent gold.

By the way, good of him to remind me that he's almost as highly regarded on the AltNation board, and here's a particularly excellent thread about when he tried to flog a pair of Owl City tickets on there. Some of the responses are very interesting, I'm sure you'll agree:-

http://www.altnation.com/forums/buy-sell-t...ay-may-8th.html

EDIT - this one is quite good, too:-

http://www.altnation.com/forums/pro-wrestl...otland-may.html

Excuse me? How do you come up with that one? If you actually get to know me you will know that i am good person that does not deserve half the shit i have to put up with on forums.

I do not agree with your way of promoting your gig at all, but each to their own i guess eh?

I myself put on music events, and would never use bands in the way that you are here. With each event i put on i pay the bands a guaranteed fee for their booking, and do extensive promotion for the nights, and only one of the nights i have promoted has been a failure. As you, i use local acts, and to be totally honest with you, the local music scene to me isn't exactly thriving right now and its even harder to get people to come along, but a bit of promotion goes a very long way.

I do not see how you cant make money doing it the way that i, and probably most other promoters do. I would say i probably spend about

I do not agree with your way of promoting your gig at all, but each to their own i guess eh?

I myself put on music events, and would never use bands in the way that you are here. With each event i put on i pay the bands a guaranteed fee for their booking, and do extensive promotion for the nights, and only one of the nights i have promoted has been a failure. As you, i use local acts, and to be totally honest with you, the local music scene to me isn't exactly thriving right now and its even harder to get people to come along, but a bit of promotion goes a very long way.

I do not see how you cant make money doing it the way that i, and probably most other promoters do. I would say i probably spend about

Archived