Anyone here in a band and fancy a gig in Glasgow?

dangerously420

I do not agree with your way of promoting your gig at all, but each to their own i guess eh?

I myself put on music events, and would never use bands in the way that you are here. With each event i put on i pay the bands a guaranteed fee for their booking, and do extensive promotion for the nights, and only one of the nights i have promoted has been a failure. As you, i use local acts, and to be totally honest with you, the local music scene to me isn't exactly thriving right now and its even harder to get people to come along, but a bit of promotion goes a very long way.

I do not see how you cant make money doing it the way that i, and probably most other promoters do. I would say i probably spend about

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I do not agree with your way of promoting your gig at all, but each to their own i guess eh?

I myself put on music events, and would never use bands in the way that you are here. With each event i put on i pay the bands a guaranteed fee for their booking, and do extensive promotion for the nights, and only one of the nights i have promoted has been a failure. As you, i use local acts, and to be totally honest with you, the local music scene to me isn't exactly thriving right now and its even harder to get people to come along, but a bit of promotion goes a very long way.

I do not see how you cant make money doing it the way that i, and probably most other promoters do. I would say i probably spend about

You know, just when you thought you couldn't get any more idiocy and amusement out of Tommy, yet another opportunity presents itself. He really is an inexhaustible supply of lulz.

Seriously what fucking problem have you got with me? I fail to see how this thread is providing you with any kind of "lulz".

Im offering a business proposal here to anyone in a band. I have terms and requirements to be met for the band to be accepted for the booking. People in bands may not like my way of dealing in things as i am coming across as being quite official and business like but the gig i am running at the end of the day is a business. I'm not doing for fun i'm doing it to make money. A lot of people who are in bands just are in it for the fun and the love of playing live to a few people every now and then. That is all fair and good but i want to have people who are in bands that want to play in front of good sized attendances and walk away with some cash at the end of the night for a bite to eat and a pint or two to say well done good show.

Kindly dissapear troll.

Thats the spirit of rock and roll right there.

• Paid Members
You know, just when you thought you couldn't get any more idiocy and amusement out of Tommy, yet another opportunity presents itself. He really is an inexhaustible supply of lulz.

Seriously what fucking problem have you got with me? I fail to see how this thread is providing you with any kind of "lulz".

Im offering a business proposal here to anyone in a band. I have terms and requirements to be met for the band to be accepted for the booking. People in bands may not like my way of dealing in things as i am coming across as being quite official and business like but the gig i am running at the end of the day is a business. I'm not doing for fun i'm doing it to make money. A lot of people who are in bands just are in it for the fun and the love of playing live to a few people every now and then. That is all fair and good but i want to have people who are in bands that want to play in front of good sized attendances and walk away with some cash at the end of the night for a bite to eat and a pint or two to say well done good show.

Kindly dissapear troll.

Thats the spirit of rock and roll right there.

Tommy likes Sum 41 and Owl City. He has no idea what that even is.

Archived