The original WWF screwjob

twelve_grand

What I don't get is there are so many different ways to deal with these kinda situations witout doing it in public. They gotta know the truth will eventually come out and they will look a bit dumb.

I mean why not just tell her not to turn up. Give a reason for her "no show" and strip her of the belt. Then replace her spot on the card with the top 2 contenders for the now vacant title.

Same result but without the bad press

If she didn't turn up, they wouldn't have got the belt off her.

What I don't get is there are so many different ways to deal with these kinda situations witout doing it in public. They gotta know the truth will eventually come out and they will look a bit dumb.

I mean why not just tell her not to turn up. Give a reason for her "no show" and strip her of the belt. Then replace her spot on the card with the top 2 contenders for the now vacant title.

If she didn't turn up, they wouldn't have got the belt off her.

Why not just say 'give us the belt back, it's ours?' I think it's hard to remember sometimes that we're talking about adults here.

• Paid Members

Why would they think it would come out? Promoters had been doing this kind of thing to uncooperative wrestlers forever. That was the reason the NWA would only give long World Title reigns to people who were tough enough to defend it for real if necessary (Thesz, Harley Race). There was no internet back then and the vast majority of people in the business were still clinging to the idea that the fans would disappear if they found it it was fake so who was going to blab? No one with any real credibility anyway.

As for the second part, if they stripped Richter of the Title, she'd still have the credibility of being "The Real Champion" since she never lost the Title. That, combined with the mainstream exposure that they'd got her, could've made her a pretty decent attraction for the Competition, while making their own Champion look like crap.

pay to be more in line with that of her main event level male counterparts.

The more things change, the more they stay the same..

DREW HUGE RATINGS!!!

Nothing to with Cyndi Lauper and Mr.T appearing on the same show obviously.

Everyone knows that Cyndi Lauper stole Velvet McIntyre's Wrestlemania spot.

Archived