Kevin Nash no longer working for 1PW

RoidRage

Kevin Nash confirmed on Twitter that he's no longer working for 1PW in May

"I will not be working with 1pro wrestling in the U.K. in May the promoter could not come up with the deposit. Thank Danny Rodd"

What sort of deposti/retainer would a star like Nash want?

a real one

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply

"I will not be working with 1pro wrestling in the U.K. in May the promoter could not come up with the deposit. Thank Danny Rodd"

a real one

:laugh:

I'm glad I took the advice of some on here and did not purchase my ticket up front. It's a shame that this promotion is doomed to just continue the same patterns as the old owners. If it's not talent not being paid it's talent not appearing. If it's not money not being refunded it's money being stolen.

Didn't know Danny Rodd was still involved in 1PW.

Didn't he go AWOL after shafting wrestlers and fans alike???

I think when the first rumblings of another 1PW resurrection happened, they pretended he wasn't the one running it. Then it changed to "it's still Danny, but he's paying everyone back and he's learned his lesson."

People who belong to the Facebook pages and groups, are they still advertising Nash on there?

• Paid Members

I think when the first rumblings of another 1PW resurrection happened, they pretended he wasn't the one running it. Then it changed to "it's still Danny, but he's paying everyone back and he's learned his lesson."

People who belong to the Facebook pages and groups, are they still advertising Nash on there?

Danny claims to be "out of the country" yet logged in to Facebook this morning to say he sent Nash his cheque two weeks ago.

• Paid Members

Danny claims to be "out of the country" yet logged in to Facebook this morning to say he sent Nash his cheque two weeks ago.

People still get facebook outside the UK... :sneaky:

Nah, but seriously, thank you 1PW for giving me a good laugh once in a while.

Not sure how things usually work "in the biz" but in 2011 sending a cheque to someone half way across the world, presumably in a different currency, seems quite odd when you consider you could make a direct transfer and have the money in the other persons account within a few days.

• Paid Members

Nash is the most reliable as far as making his towns out of all the Wolfpac. If he's not there, can anyone see X-Pac and Scott Hall showing up? These two miss shows a few miles from there house. What a mess. I'd have a long think about whether Shawn Michaels will be showing up in October as well. The fact nobody is surprised is amazing as well.

a real one

rimshot.jpg

• Paid Members

He's apparently on a big piss-up in Scotland this weekend. Might be where Nash's deposit has gone.

• Paid Members

Good answer. To answer the real question, big name stars like Nash, DDP, Hall, X-Pac demand a deposit from the wrestling promoter, which is usually half of their money so if the show goes tits up, they at least have half there payment to know they intend to put the show ahead. Saves him turning up with nothing in his pocket and twiddling his thumbs in the dressing room while there isnt a wrestling ring in the arena yet.

Its incredible how he has no time to post at the minute. Everytime Billy Gunn had a shit, he was posting an update on how much lavy roll was left in that 1PW thread, because he was doing his junior Bischoff act, and he had all these big names under his watchful eye. And now he's not posting at all? What a smashing bloke.

Yeah, very nice aint it that he can go spend a ton of money on hotels and drink for a big weekend piss up with some wrestling 'friends' and his company gets fucked and so do the fans.

But then again, we all saw this coming. Pretty sure we all said it was coming, and even wrestlers on here were warned. But still people believed this was a good idea? senseless.

Archived