Grand National

Richie Freebird

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've been told by my Dad, who actually likes horse racing, that "Silver By Nature" each way is a good bet, so I'll be plonking a couple of quid on him. Other than that, it's all names and bright colours to me, so whatever is most entertaining on both counts will be where my money goes.

I can't remember the last time I was home to watch the National. As I'm not going to Watford tomorrow, this will be the first time in years.

Same, i remember watching it 2007 as Rovers were in the F.A Cup semi final the following day, but that must be one of the only times i have ever actually watched it.

Same applies tomorrow as i'll be at the footy, every year though i never find out who has won until i get home as theres always different names flying around, damn rumours!

As I know nothing about Horse Racing I have decided that What a friend will be my pick as that is what the sports writer in the local paper picked to win it, so I shall chuck a fiver on him.

I have a mate who claims to be ITK, and he assured me that Dont Push it is a cert, but as he is the same mate who tried assuring me that Neil Mellor will be just as good, if not better than Wayne Rooney, I would take his "Tip" with not only a pinch of salt, but a whole fucking wheel barrow full.

• Paid Members

I tend to pick a few names I like the sound of and possibly look at the jockey too, its pretty much a lottery with that size of field so you need a lot of luck to get anywhere. Last year I got that luck and had Dont' Push it at 22/1 and 5th place Hello Bud at 40/1 as well, I bet online with bet365 as they pay out on 5th place. Will take a look tomorrow and pick out a few names.

Archived