LUCHA LIBRE LONDON (Lucha Future) Roundhouse this June!

Nick Soapdish

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members
Haha, actually I was referring to Dart's comment about it not being possible to say anything bad about them.

Aye, I've edited it. I think I must have noticed just as you were typing your reply ;) Sorry for the confusion!

• Paid Members

Rather guttingly, this whole tour appears to be taking place when I am likely to be away on holiday.

A real shame, since the two sets of shows that took place in the Roundhouse before (July and December 2008) with El Hijo Del Santo were quite easily the best shows I have ever attended. In terms of production, presentation, action, characters and just having a damn good time, these shows are unrivalled. They look every bit as "big time" as WWE shows, done on a big budget in big venues with a big crowd, but it is so much cooler since it is that bit different. They really were successful in getting across what lucha libre is all about, the larger than life battle between colourful "superheros vs. supervillains" in a struggle of technical skill over rough brawling. You had masses of people enjoying a huge party-like atmosphere, and I would really recommend it if you were looking to take a non-wrestling fan.

I got to 3 of the shows on each of the previous tours, and would probably have done so again. I would have gone to the Gateshead event, since it is just up the road, but would also have made an effort to get down to the Roundhouse again, since it is a brilliant venue for this type of thing.

Like I said...gutted...

Yeah I'd fully endorse this for everyone too. I went to one of the '08 shows and it was really top notch in every way. Really enjoyable.

Far less of the classic "wrestling nerds" that put a lot of people on here off of going to live wrestling, plenty of hot women in the crowds (seriously - at a wrestling show) Mexican food and drinks on sale and just generally a really good night out.

Oh and Cassandro is fucking ace. I was genuinely amazed as some of the stuff he can do!

I managed to get really cheap tickets at the last minute last time out, and will probably try the same again. I think it was actually lastminute.com and I got the general admission tickets for about

Turns out there doing a mini tour over here aswell

24th - 26th June / London Roundhouse

28th June / Gateshead Sage

1st - 2nd July / Brighton Dome

Say what?! I'll be fuckin' there, heard nothing but good things about this organisation.

There's a reason for that. It's not possible to say anything bad about them.

Do explain...

Basically what Big Benny said.

That Gateshead show is hard but possible for me. I've tried to work my plans around the London shows to no avail, so the only other option is a Tuesday trip to the North East. That lineup is mouthwatering, as is the mention of Mexican food at the show

whoa this is the first i heard about it but i would really like to see it ! any more details about this at all ??

i'm a huge lucha libre fan and being from belgium it's very rare that i actually ever get the chance to see a real lucha event, so far i only was able to see 1 when they did one over here in brussels and that was a blast, so now this comes along and london ain't too far....been there for wwe tapings before and really liked being there.

i'm one click away for ordering tickets....i was just kinde hoping for more details yet,full roster, meet & greet ?...altho to be fair i didn't get much details on the brussels show either and it turned out great so i really don't have reason to be skeptical i guess :laugh:

There hasn't been a meet and greet at the shows before, but the last night of the London shows on both tours, the wrestlers all came out to pose in the ring, and then afterwards they would sign stuff, pose for photos, etc. Getting to meet Mascarita Dorada and Cassandro was particularly awesome.

Archived