Miami

bigfoote

Honestly, the food was pretty bad.

The worst you've ever experienced? I'd say so

Though the pizza was ok!

Lies!

THe conditions on board delta were a bit rubbish too, but, I can't really fault the flight too much. I'd use them again. The on plane entertainment was excellent. Any one else play Trivia? :p

That trivia game was one good point. Seemed like everyone on my flight was using WWE names for their screen names. I was in 41B "XPAC"

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Honestly, the food was pretty bad.

The worst you've ever experienced? I'd say so

Though the pizza was ok!

Lies!

THe conditions on board delta were a bit rubbish too, but, I can't really fault the flight too much. I'd use them again. The on plane entertainment was excellent. Any one else play Trivia? :p

That trivia game was one good point. Seemed like everyone on my flight was using WWE names for their screen names. I was in 41B "XPAC"

Yeah, the food was probably worst Airline food i've experienced. Not great at all, and barely edible. I say again tho, My pizza wasn't too bad. decent enough little snack.

I used my own name on the trivia, as did the 2 other guys in my row. We all won at least once, meaning our Row did a clean sweep of wins. we were proud of that achievment. Got a good wee game of poker too.

• Paid Members

First time I went to Miami I went with Continental. It transferred in Newark and on the way home there was 12 hours between flights so we got to spend a Saturday afternoon in New York which was a nice bonus. The flight was comfortable (even for me at over 20 stone), the staff were great and the food was passable.

Last time we went with Virgin. I was a bit let down as I was expecting it to be brilliant. It wasn't the worst flight I've ever been on but it was a bit shit. First class on those looks fucking awesome though.

My flight to Mania was with Delta too, and I wasn't too impressed - we had a ton of different movies to watch on our individual screens, but they had all been programmed under the wrong names, making finding anything a real chore. The food is crap too, but that seems par for the course with airlines. Never, ever, eat the dinner rolls. Hard as bullets, and unsettlingly cold.

I don't eat airline food anyway so I can't see that being much of a problem for me. Leg room is an issue for me though, not because I'm tall, I just hate being so enclosed for so long. I had absolutely no leg room when I flew back from New York some years ago and it was a horrible flight.

I get flown back and fourth to Miami for work (yeah talk about commuting to work!), I always fly BA, no complaints, food is alright, always end up with a few extra free drinks as I cant sleep on planes and seem to be the only person awake during the sleepers, so just sit and watch movies and get hammered. Entertainment isn't bad and you get a nice little free care package on the sleeper (pillow, blanket and headphones which you return after and tooth brush, tooth paste, sleeping mask ect.. makes lay overs easy as you can at least brush your teeth ect..)

Might be a few quid extra but its not a bad way to travel...used to love flying, now its just a hassle to get to/from work. First class looks ace though.

As for things to do in Miami, it all depends on where you stay. I was really disappointed in south beach, hoping the party there would be amazing, but it just seemed over priced and not wild at all, the bars are excellent, met a few folk in this cool out door bar/club that had some bands on but never really came across that many options of bars...the streets aren't lined with them like Glasgow is, mostly restaurants ect.. over there on the beach front.

I stayed for 5 days for work at the Marriott Courtyard in the Doral area, wouldn't recommend it, too far from anywhere unless you had a car (rppms were spot on though, gym was ok for what it was, couple of washing machines were handy for me, small hot tub and an alright pool which I sat about most nights having a beer), mostly used by pilots and flight attendants. However about a 10-15min walk away was Millers Ale House which was a good laugh, met cool people, mostly Cubans and a great stag do of firemen from Boston (couldn't drink for shit). It kicked off a few times I was there, and by the sight of 4 police cars outside waiting for the trouble I guess it happens often, however I was never bothered. Tuesday was great as the girls got free drinks all night...place was rammed full.

Been shoping at Bayside Mall loads of times, being not far from Miami Port and its selection of shops and places to eat is pretty good, the food at Hooters there is rotten though but the girls were up for a laugh on quiet afternoons.

Can't be much more help I'm afraid due to working instead of going on holiday, but regardless...doesn't matter where you go you'll enjoy yourself, Miami just has a cool vibe about it, must be all the drugs.

I recommend Continental airlines. I've flown with them the past two Wrestlemania's. Although they have been a bugger for delays on 2/8 flights i've had with them, they compensated well. Last year they paid for us to stay in Houston for the night because the delay caused us to miss our connecting flight to Phoenix.

Good in flight entertainment and decent food too.

I also recommend Expedia.com as a good place to book or at least find your flights and hotels.

If it's Miami Beach Convention Center, then a sodding long way indeed. Everything in Miami next year is fairly spaced out, unlike Atlanta where the Dome/arena/axxess convention center were immediately adjacent; these in turn were within 15 minutes of the main downtown attractions and even the wrestlers hotel was a short walk away and in the middle of the action next to a bunch of restaurants, Hard Rock, Hooters, golds gym etc, so half the fun was randomly bumping into the stars just walking about.

Next year you'll have to do well to bump into any wrestlers given that they're apparently staying at the Fontainebleu Miami Beach which is not only pretty expensive for what it is, but it's ages from downtown Miami.

If it's Miami Beach Convention Center, then a sodding long way indeed. Everything in Miami next year is fairly spaced out, unlike Atlanta where the Dome/arena/axxess convention center were immediately adjacent; these in turn were within 15 minutes of the main downtown attractions and even the wrestlers hotel was a short walk away and in the middle of the action next to a bunch of restaurants, Hard Rock, Hooters, golds gym etc, so half the fun was randomly bumping into the stars just walking about.

Next year you'll have to do well to bump into any wrestlers given that they're apparently staying at the Fontainebleu Miami Beach which is not only pretty expensive for what it is, but it's ages from downtown Miami.

Yep we definatley got lucky with everything being so close in Atlanta! I dont know where to start looking at maps and such for Miami at a early stage. Will see what hotel I get with the package and go from there.

Just looked up the Fontainebleau thinking it'd be a laugh staying in the same hotels as the wrestlers. Unless I win the lottery, I'm not staying there.

My main concern about Miami is getting around to be honest. I'm not sure what Public Transport is like.

The Metrorail service is pretty limited, though and doesn't get me everywhere I need to go. Is it easy getting to downtown from Miami Beach? My mate and I want to experience the nightlife, bars, clubs at Miami Beach as well as Mania.

• Paid Members

I'll be flying BA. They are the best airline I've flown with (along with American Airlines probably), plus I'm in their Air miles scheme so makes no sense to fly with anybody else unless I have to.

As for getting around if everything is pretty far away, the most simple way is hiring a car, which isn't all that expensive either. I'd imagine I'll be doing the same. It's far too early to be planning this anyway. Most sites don't even have flights put up for that far in advance. I usually book my flights In January time, and get pretty good deals. My flight to Houston cost me

Archived