Bully Ray

Doog

I'd love to see a Bully Ray v Angle feud and match series. He's been undeniably good as a singles heel, and I've always had a soft spot for him in terms of his wrestling - he moves well for a big guy, and his timing is impeccable. That was always the great thing about 3-D, they timed their double-team stuff brilliantly.

He's not going to fly about with Angle, so they'd have to have a more traditional wrestling match, but their characters would be perfectly opposite. That'd also free up Jarrett to feud with Sting, which he needs to as he's also golden as a heel right now.

I agree about the shorts though. How about a return to combat trousers?

• Paid Members

Wish he'd hit that Bubba Bomb better, too. I just can't buy the idea that jarring the spine would put someone away for the pin. 's also why I don't like Roxxi's Voodoo Bomb. He should hit it like Omori used to, landing them on their back.

• Paid Members

Remember when Bubba got the "make an impact" speech on Raw and he went out and started battering the fuck out of the likes of Triple H? It looked like WWE were going for it with Bubba for a bit, until they went "fuck this" and reformed the Duds. There was a period where they formed a newer shitter version of the Dudley Boyz with Spike and Bubba and they went after the tag belts. That was back when it seemed like the writing was changing per week, because Bradshaw looked like he was getting a push, then they stopped it, RVD looked like he was getting the belt, Kane began a main event run. Raw in 2002 was such a mish mash of ideas and angles.

Remember when Bubba got the "make an impact" speech on Raw and he went out and started battering the fuck out of the likes of Triple H? It looked like WWE were going for it with Bubba for a bit, until they went "fuck this" and reformed the Duds. There was a period where they formed a newer shitter version of the Dudley Boyz with Spike and Bubba and they went after the tag belts. That was back when it seemed like the writing was changing per week, because Bradshaw looked like he was getting a push, then they stopped it, RVD looked like he was getting the belt, Kane began a main event run. Raw in 2002 was such a mish mash of ideas and angles.

It was bloody abysmal. I saw a houseshow in Glasgow where Bradshaw claimed his dad was born in Glasgow or words to that effect.

• Paid Members
Uh, the Bubba Bomb.

Was it? I thought they changed it due to the amount of other people doing powerbombs as finishers (Batista, Undertaker) at the time.

It's not a powerbomb as such - it's basically a sit-out, full-nelson drop, in Bubba's case landing them on their arse. I think in the games it was originally called the "Dudley Atomic Drop".

Didn't he go back to using the Bubba Cutter quite a lot? Still used the Bubba Bomb as well though. Think they're talking about the sit out Full Nelson thing not the stuttering powerbomb by the way, to the guy above.

Tell you something weird: despite the games having the move, and everybody else remembering it, I have NEVER seen Bubba hit the Bubba Cutter ever on WWF/E TV. I swear, if it weren't for the games and other people, I wouldn't have known what his singles finisher was pre-DDP.

Didn't Bubba do a powerbomb that was called the Bubba Bomb? I know what the sitout move is, I just didn't think it was called that, at least not in WWE.

It's not a good finisher anyway. It'd be like someone using an Atomic Drop as a finisher, and no-one has done that since Bob Backlund back in the 70s.

• Paid Members
Didn't Bubba do a powerbomb that was called the Bubba Bomb? I know what the sitout move is, I just didn't think it was called that, at least not in WWE.

It's not a good finisher anyway. It'd be like someone using an Atomic Drop as a finisher, and no-one has done that since Bob Backlund back in the 70s.

That's what the sit-out was called. I think they started calling it that the first time the Dudleys split.

I've always felt the Manhattan Drop was always better than the Atomic - makes more sense to drop people on their balls.

Archived