The Undertaker's position in the wrestling world.

Jetta's G-string

The Undertaker to me is one of those rare wrestlers who doesn't need a world title to get themselves over, he can be put into any feud or any top match without the need of being or even wanting the title if that makes sense, his legacy alone is enough to convince anyone he is a top star especially with the gimmick as well which I doubt will ever be topped or repeated either quite in the same way.

As already mentioned he rarely breaks out of character, I actually stayed in the same hotel as The Undertaker once whilst they were on the UK tour and he seemed to be in character when he walked into the restaurant, no one dare walked up to him he just looked like the real deal (other wrestlers break out of character, he just walked in like he would down the ramp and no one dare approached him :laugh:).

The streak though at Mania is an awesome record to have and in a strange way works well with his character/gimmick more than it would with any other mainstream star during the years, don't think it would work or be as impressive with anyone else but with The Undertaker it just feels right....his character can be a bit repetitive sometimes but the WWE wouldn't be the same without him (although thats not to say he must be on the show everyweek, his character pretty much lets him do as he pleases that wouldn't work with any other gimmick or wrestler).

He's as household a name as anybody's ever realistically going to be without being called Hulk Hogan, The Rock or Steve Austin. I'd even put him on par with John Cena.

Anybody who has even the slightest bit of knowledge about American wrestling will have heard of The Undertaker.

From a wrestling fan's perspective, he's up there with the very best of them. One of the greatest characters ever; probably the best entrance ever; the Wrestlemania streak; a world class career, and he's been involved in some of the greatest angles and matches ever. It doesn't get much better than that.

He's as household a name as anybody's ever realistically going to be without being called Hulk Hogan, The Rock or Steve Austin. I'd even put him on par with John Cena.

Anybody who has even the slightest bit of knowledge about American wrestling will have heard of The Undertaker.

From a wrestling fan's perspective, he's up there with the very best of them. One of the greatest characters ever; probably the best entrance ever; the Wrestlemania streak; a world class career, and he's been involved in some of the greatest angles and matches ever. It doesn't get much better than that.

In household name terms, he's way above Cena. Unless you're into the current product, or have kids who are, you'll not know Cena. Undertaker is known to anyone who has encountered wrestling over the past 20 years and given the numbers who were "casual" fans in the Attitude era and before, that's a huge number.

He's one the greatest ever, anyone who's ever even seen a wrestling show in the last 20 years seems to know who he is, most of the time when I talk to people about wrestling and they haven't watched it in 10-15 years, they all ask about The Undertaker, obviously he's not on the Austin/Rock/Hogan level in terms of exposure to the mainstream, but he's probably the closest to them

Archived