WrestleMania 28 - Who's Going?

1PW

• Replies 808
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just back from my first ever live Mania. Loved it, what a spectacle, i still keep thinking this is a dream and i will wakeup in a bit. My seat was a few from the ramp and not far from ringside, i was like a little kid getting to my seat. Nearest feeling to it was when I went to Istanbul to watch Liverpool play in the best European cup final ever. Going to Mania has been a goal of mine for as long as I can remember. I'm sure another thread in here will deal with whole D Bryan thing but all I can say is Vince must have heard the continual Yes! Yes! Chants and thought he isn't having a crowd telling him who will be popular therefore he will cut us down before we get started so there will be no more non wwe allowed chants. Well that told us. Took me agood half hour to get over this, I almost felt insulted they did it, what if I had flown from England just for that match. They must have lost a lot of atmosphere from the 20 to 40 year old male fans after this, took the wind out of our sails.

Nice to meet up with Sewelly off forum, hope you got back ok. Bought a WCW t shirt which I appear to have left on the brawl bus. Doh!

I will post more tomorrow, once again as I have been every night since I've been here I'm totally shattered and goin to bed.

• Paid Members

Well that was just amazing. Definitely won't be the last time I do that. Indescribable atmosphere and aside from the Daniel Bryan farce, it was a great show.

Incidentally, our seats at the front of a floor section just to the left of the entrance (looking at it) which seemed to be the walkway between backstage and the VIP seats down front. At various points in the night, we had Michelle McCool, Lita, Torrie Wilson, Alex Rodriguez, Cena's wife and brother, Big Show's wife, Jericho's wife and kids, a couple of Dolphins players and Colt Cabana walk right in front of us. Patterson, Steve Lombardi and Harvey Whippleman came by a few times too. Pretty surreal.

Absolute chaos trying to get a cab afterwards. Took us an hour and a half. There was apparently a designated cab rank but there were no cabs there so people just kept walking in the wrong direction trying to be 2 feet further up the road than everyone else and be first in line. Even then cabs were just stopping for whoever they liked the look of. When we got picked up someone had just asked to be driven to Fort Lauderdale and the driver wanted none of it so we managed to grab him with our quicker journey before he drove off. Still hundreds of people waiting when we left. Still, as soon as I sat down in the air conditioned taxi, all was forgiven. Brilliant night.

Well true to form, I got blind drunk before and during the show and honestly don't remember much at all. I had to ask my friend who won. Just heard cm punk and Jericho had a 30 minute match? I don't remember clapping eyes on either of them. All the way to Miami and I kinda missed the show :(

Well true to form, I got blind drunk before and during the show and honestly don't remember much at all. I had to ask my friend who won. Just heard cm punk and Jericho had a 30 minute match? I don't remember clapping eyes on either of them. All the way to Miami and I kinda missed the show :(

That sounds like what I usually do, I remember going to Liverpool v Chelsea FA cup semi at Old Trafford and having to watch all again the next day due to getting hammered. With them selling beers in the crates they carrying around the Sun Life Stadium its way too easy to keep buying and buying. Just walked past intercontinental hotel (my hotels next to it) and most of the wrestlers are leaving (mostly NXT/Smackdown from what I could see, must be driving to the taping), had a photo with Regal (top bloke) and Zack's dad (another top bloke who seems genuinely happy to meet you and the suIccess he's son is now getting) but didn't want to stay for long as at the end of the day they are trying to check out their hotel and they have to have some privacy. McMahon himself came out and got in an enormous SUV and quickly sped off.

Big rumours for tonight's Raw...............

The cab situation was a nightmare, but I expected it. We finally got one around 1:30, after walking quite a way from the stadium. When I told the driver that they'd missed a trick by not having a rake of taxis down there, he replied with cab drivers don't like coming down here, they stab cab drivers down here!

I didn't do to bad beer wise, I can remember the full show, unlike 2 years ago when I had to come on here to find out who'd won the Cena / Batista match.

My only complaint was the arena food. Waited at Pappa Joes for 45 minutes to be told that they had no pizza. Quite why the couldn't have announced that to me and the other 300 people behind me is a mystery. I then joined a queue for a grill, only to be told after waiting 10 minutes that my queue should go to the back of the other one and form one queue. I ended up with a bizarre potato/cheese/corn thing that my missus went and got me to stop me moaning!

Other than that, a fantastic experience. I'll need time to think about it, but it may have surpassed 24 in my all time favourite Mania list!

The taxi situation is rediculous, especially since the arenas are at the arse end of nowhere

I'm debating now whether to go to raw tonight, I know the show will be awesome but the thought of trying to fight for a cab for hours is really putting me off

• Paid Members

Mania was great. Will post up my thoughts when I get home.

What I want to post about is the everglades. Absolutely amazing. Who was the guy in here that went to Gator Park? That high pitched voice guy that did the show was hilarious! Had to try really hard to prevent laughing at his voice!

The taxi situation is rediculous, especially since the arenas are at the arse end of nowhere

I'm debating now whether to go to raw tonight, I know the show will be awesome but the thought of trying to fight for a cab for hours is really putting me off

Here's a possible idea if you get really stuck. When I came out of hall of fame I walked down to my hotel at end of Bicayne Boulevard by the river and at first I was going to go to bed, then thought fuck it, so went back out and got the valet parking guys to get me a taxi. I know i was over in Miami Beach and having a beer while folks were still down by american airlines arena and by then i had been back to my room and had something to eat too. I don't know if it's worth sneaking into a hotel and pretending you staying there and asking them to get you a taxi, when ever I ask them to do this they never ask who I am, I could be anyone.

Archived