WrestleMania 28 - Who's Going?

1PW

• Replies 808
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm definitely going, was thinking about it before Raw (was hoping to persuade the wife to come and make a holiday out of it) but now there's no way I'm missing it whether she wants to come or not! Have to check my airmiles, might have enough to cover the flight which would be handy.

Wouldn't mind a week in Orlando, guess the chances of TNA moving out of the Impact Zone by then are pretty slim so you'd think they'd take advantage and have something going on either the week before or week after. Although I'm not sure I could make it through multiple impact tapings, it's hard enough going watching it every week on TV!

I'm definately going. Spent a week in Miami a couple of months ago and it was great so was always planning to go - last night just confirmed it for me.

Did 25 and 26 seperately but tempted by a package this time. All depends where the hotel is. Don't want to be stuck out near the actual stadium because it looks miles out of town.

How was it doing it separately? How much did you have to pay for tickets and where were you sat? I think I'll do travel package too but I worry the hotel will be far from the strip too. Just seen the Hall of Fame will be at the American Airlines Arena and Axxess at a Miami Convention Centre which is supposed to be massive.

And do you have to be 21 to take a travel package (as it includes hotel)? I'm in the unfortunate position of turning 21 in May 2012.

I'll be 21 in the August. I didn't know about the 21 thing, but if it's true my girlfriend will be 21, do you reckon that would be alright?

I'm definately going. Spent a week in Miami a couple of months ago and it was great so was always planning to go - last night just confirmed it for me.

Did 25 and 26 seperately but tempted by a package this time. All depends where the hotel is. Don't want to be stuck out near the actual stadium because it looks miles out of town.

I will hopefully be going. I went to 25 and booked it seperate. The problem i had was the hotel was decent and reasonably priced, but it was fairly close to the Reliant stadium where 'Mania was, but far from the nightlife etc. So i was having to pay for taxi's to get to go out at night etc. (about $50 each taxi journey) So this time I (and whatever of my friends are also able to make it) will either be better taking the official package, or book a hotel closer to nightlife etc then just have the long journey to/from 'Mania.

Looking into it, the main South Beach area of Miami is about 20 miles or so from the Stadium. I also had a look at hotels close to the arena and the reviews stated there is no nightlife nearby - and some dodgy neighbourhoods.

At least by taking the official travel package you can be guarenteed there will be a few hundred WWE fans in the same hotel and even if there is a taxi journey to the Arena or even to the nightlife then you can share cabs etc.

From what I can see, it's not a problem. Some hotels have that policy but the majority will accept 18 year olds.

I like your avatar by the way.

Yeah I'm off to New York in the summer and didn't have a problem booking the hotel there and I'm 19.

And yes, Beatles ftw!

Another thing for the guy asking about hotels and the over 21 policy. You will easily get a hotel no problem allowing you to stay providing you are over 18, or if your friend or patner is over 21 it won't be a problem either.

The only major issue will be getting into nightclubs etc (providing you will want to go clubbing or that) In America it is usually super strict and ID is a must for everyone entering.

Oh fuck. I knew l wouldn't be able to drink but it didn't even cross my mind I wouldn't be able to get in clubs. So harsh becoming an adult here and not being able to do shit there. I feel like a kid again! I don't suppose there's any way around it? Fuck, fuck, fuck!

How was it doing it separately? How much did you have to pay for tickets and where were you sat? I think I'll do travel package too but I worry the hotel will be far from the strip too. Just seen the Hall of Fame will be at the American Airlines Arena and Axxess at a Miami Convention Centre which is supposed to be massive.

Doing it seperately was fine. 25 was a last minute thing so I paid about $100 to sit up in the 2nd tier. For 26 I think I paid $750 for 4th row ringside behind the commentators. Getting tix for Mania is easy but I struggled to get decent seats for Raw and HOF which is why I'm tempted by the package. Plus it saves on the hassle of needing to know exactly when each different event goes on sale.

I 100% would love to go to this, I felt so jealous during this previous Mania weekend I know this one has to happen for me. Just need to convince the girlfriend (who enjoys wrestling) that it will be a good idea. Don't think I'd get one of those WWE packages though, I'd rather sort my own tickets and save cash by heading to a hostel.

SPOILER - Highlight the black box to read

Also, to the OP: you did drop a massive spoiler bomb with the original subtitle of your post yesterday. Just thought you should know. I'm not even a genius and I worked out exactly what was going to happen on Raw. Not quite as angry about it as that other dude was, but it did grate.

Ive just checked and im off work these dates now so im 95% gonna make this my third Mania!. I dont think my mate will come with me this time though due to funds! anyone else going on their own?

I'll be making the trip by myself.

Archived