Kurt Angle didn't like Mania

HeavyT

• Paid Members

Anyone else miss Kurt Angle in WWE? He seemed to hit that legendary status before he left, where the fans refused to boo him. He was even knocking about with the Indian bloke from TNA who I cant remember the name of, and they still wouldnt boo him. Angle seemed to have the WWE fans respect. I imagine he'll be back (probably in September if he isnt up to court or something daft like that). Angle with anyone in WWE would be something to watch. Angle can still tear it up. I dont know whether it was the recent trend of returning superstars or that if I see another Angle vs Jarrett match, I'll throw the cat out of the window, but I think he'd fit in perfectly on Raw or Smackdown at the minute.

I can see WWE bringing a few wrestlers back in the next 12 months to be honest.

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Anyone else miss Kurt Angle in WWE? He seemed to hit that legendary status before he left, where the fans refused to boo him. He was even knocking about with the Indian bloke from TNA who I cant remember the name of, and they still wouldnt boo him. Angle seemed to have the WWE fans respect. I imagine he'll be back (probably in September if he isnt up to court or something daft like that). Angle with anyone in WWE would be something to watch. Angle can still tear it up. I dont know whether it was the recent trend of returning superstars or that if I see another Angle vs Jarrett match, I'll throw the cat out of the window, but I think he'd fit in perfectly on Raw or Smackdown at the minute.

I can see WWE bringing a few wrestlers back in the next 12 months to be honest.

Caught the Mysterio/Angle/Orton match from Wrestlemania and that match just showed how good Angle is. Despite his body being fucked, he structures his matches beautifully, never missing a beat and can even drag less talented opposition to five star matches. Angle's a huge miss in WWE.

CM Punk seemingly gives it the big 'un but I imagine his arse would fall out saying anything like that to Kurt's face. Teddy Hart slapped the shit out of Punk.

Angle's a WWE legend and the ankle lock is HIS established finisher, and when you think of the Ankle Lock, most think of him making the likes of the Undertaker... tap with it.

When was this? It rings a vague bell, but I can't quite place it. I remember that match where him and Undertaker beat each other by pinfall/submission at the same time, but I don't think that was with the ankle lock.

No, it was a triangle choke - Undertaker tapped while Kurt got pinned.

No Way Out 2006 - Taker had Angle in the triangle choke, but Angle bridged into a pin on Taker whilst he still had the hold (I only know because I watched it yesterday)

It's funny that Punk says that, because he's mates with that singer who tweeted a pic of herself with her tits out then blamed it on her account being hacked. Always talking to her on Twitter, he is.

Angle's a WWE legend and the ankle lock is HIS established finisher, and when you think of the Ankle Lock, most think of him making the likes of the Undertaker... tap with it.

When was this? It rings a vague bell, but I can't quite place it. I remember that match where him and Undertaker beat each other by pinfall/submission at the same time, but I don't think that was with the ankle lock.

No Way Out 2006 - Taker had Angle in the triangle choke, but Angle bridged into a pin on Taker whilst he still had the hold (I only know because I watched it yesterday)

Undertaker didn't tap to the ankle lock at No Way Out 2006 though, did he?

• Paid Members

Wow. I really didn't remember it that way. I'm legitimately getting worried about the state of my memory now.

Archived