Kurt Angle didn't like Mania

HeavyT

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm concerned for Angle.

His other tweet (regarding his DUI) offered an alternative version of the events and professed his innocence, yet followed up with an apology if he let anyone down, and now this.

I wouldn't mind seeing CM Punk vs Kurt Angle though.

• Paid Members
Probably touched a nerve after all the moves CM Punk has stolen from other wrestlers to be fair.

By that logic it would probably touch a nerve with every wrestler ever.

That isnt what Angle was bitching about though. He's bitching about someone stealing his finishing move. Like when KENTA was bitching about CM Punk for not only stealing his finish, but stealing the very same name as well.

There's a story about that actually. Punk wanted to call it "Go to Hell", but WWE refused it, so he went with GTS instead - only Styles kept calling it Go to Sleep anyway.

It's also pretty daft that Angle of all people should have a go at someone for nicking "his" finish and making it look underpowered, considering how many finishers of his own he's ruined. Also why wasn't he talking about Swagger before now if he's so bothered? Swagger's basically been doing his gimmick for a year.

• Paid Members

It was because it was the theme of the match probably everyone in the match seemed to be using the ankle lock. It probably got him wound up enough. I understand that Kurt feels like someones pissed on his chips, but its not Swagger, Cole or Lawlers fault. They are just doing what they are told. If twitter was around in 2005, I'd have liked to have seen the Warlord on it pissed off that Chris Masters has stole his finish.

• Paid Members
If twitter was around in 2005, I'd have liked to have seen the Warlord on it pissed off that Chris Masters has stole his finish.

And Billy-Jack Haynes and Hercules (was he still alive in 2005?). And Billy Graham used it as a finish in Florida.

• Paid Members

Isn't it amazing that there are so many people prone to being hacked, but all that ever gets hacked is their social networking, rather than their bank details?

Hackers, you're missing a trick. Please steal my best mate's money next time rather than just modding his Facebook to make it look like he loves cock.

The Angle Slam's a lame finisher anyway, at least when It's done by Angle. He should be pleased that somebody likes it enough to use it.

Bitching about having it stolen is pathetic. Just about every finisher used today has been 'stolen' from someone. It was probably the WWF that gave Angle it in the first place, not that it matters a jot even if he did innovate it all by himself.

• Paid Members
The Angle Slam's a lame finisher anyway, at least when It's done by Angle. He should be pleased that somebody likes it enough to use it.

YES. I was starting to think I was the only one who thought so. It's just a version of a Samoan Drop, I don't know why people think it's so great. The only time it's ever looked decent that I've seen is when AJ Styles hit it on Kurt once - he jumped with it, so it looked like it had a load more impact.

I was thinking about how many people use the spear then i remembered Goldberg moaning a while back that Edges spear looks pansy (which i agree with). Just out of interest, who did the spear first, Goldberg or Rhino?

• Paid Members

I've never understood why Edge so much wanted the Running Hug Of Doom as his finish; the Edgecution was perfectly cromulent, could hit it out of nowhere and it was snappy. Looked like it killed, too.

YES. I was starting to think I was the only one who thought so. It's just a version of a Samoan Drop, I don't know why people think it's so great. The only time it's ever looked decent that I've seen is when AJ Styles hit it on Kurt once - he jumped with it, so it looked like it had a load more impact.

I'd understand it more if he was complaining about his finish being used as a mid-match spot by another wrestler - in theory, it devalues the move, and then if Angle were to come back to the WWE and start using it as his finish, fans who hadn't seen him before would wonder why one of Orton's transitional moves was suddenly meant to be devastating.

However, Kurt himself has been using it as a mid-match spot for years now. It's probably been kicked out of more times than it's finished a match in the last 3-4 years.

I've never understood why Edge so much wanted the Running Hug Of Doom as his finish; the Edgecution was perfectly cromulent, could hit it out of nowhere and it was snappy. Looked like it killed, too.

Yes! One of the main reasons I can't/couldn't get into him as a main eventer. He's not bulky either, he's just tall so it doesn't have anywhere near the same effect as a Goldberg or Rhino one.

Archived