ICW: Never mind the baws, here's the ICW! (+ Afterparty)

MarkDallas

Right. Notes.

* The Bucky Boys and STI might well have stolen the show. I'm going to have to watch it back to see what I actually think of it. Did anyone else completely not realise where Divers was before he dived? I went up to watch and shat a brick when I seen him plummeting down onto them. The stuff in the ring might have been even more mental than the stuff out of it! A true war. However...

* I prefered the main event. A lot of that might be down to the pure cauldron of hate/love that was going on. The crowd was NUCLEAR. Loved the crazy dives in the middle of the match. I also like how The Gold Label came out together whereas Team ICW came out seperately, and it was a big miscommunication that lost the match for them.

* Speaking of the cauldron, that atmosphere last night... wow. Finally got a new venue to match Maryhill for atmosphere. The sight of the tiers of people from the front of the hall was pretty spectacular. There's some times when you see something and are left speechless, and my jaw was just on the floor.

* I'm liking the evolution of Liam/Wild. There's lots of good wee counters and when you have that sort of chemistry between two wrestlers, you're onto a winner. Also kudos to both guys for getting what was initially a lukewarm ( well, as lukewarm as that crowd gets ) crowd going mental for them.

* Noam Dar as Zero G champ = beast.

* ICW Deathmatch? Yes please. You just know that it's going to be every bit as good as the last couple. Probably better than Jester/Cage actually. :p

* I really want to see a singles match between Rob Cage and Johnny Starr. I have to say, I kinda forgot Maverick was even in the match. The guy has a decent look, but I think I'd wanna see more of him. Certainly didn't seem to be much wrong with anything he did.

* Opener was just kinda there. Christopher continues to amuse me though.

So yeah, a ridiculously good show.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What a show, I said what a fekin show! Every man, boy (Noam Dar) and woman but everything into that show. IMHO that was the most electryfying crowd ever. I think the standing round the ring was a masterpiece, it just seemed to make the whole show. Hope that continues in future shows - Standing Room Only!

Where does the story go now......an ICW/Gold Label rematch must be in the offing (would be happy at a full card rematch (ever been done?)). A deathmatch fekin hell! The Bucky Boys and STI(D) embraced all that embodies the ICW! Noam really needs to have a match against Rob Cage really, really!

Main event was one of the best I have ever seen in Scotland, fek it I even got my own top off (no photos I hope). It had everything in it thought the fire alarms were gonna go off. Very hard to keep up with what was happening (just so much) then those twats ripped up the bear - its a fekin bear guys this is not Russia!

There were 4 wrestling virgins with us last night and all 4 are champing at the bit for 14/8/2011.

Again well done Mark well done - now yer up there ye need to fekin stay there!

whit a fuckin show. that main event was fuckin pumpin. how the fuck do they top it, cant wait to see. my mate nearly got smashed at the bar and all. tag match was mental, didnae see that dive till last min so cannae wait to see the vids. carmel is gonna fuckin murder that kaylee bird, evil bint! coffey an vinnie was fuckin hard hittin, same as noam, mental stuff. didnae really give a shit bout the first couple matches. i like christopher tho, i think its a fuckin funny gimmick for a fuckin talented wee boy. lol scott maverick is a bit of a scott renick wannabe and all. shudnt have called him scott if he looks similar lol at rob cage rubbin his cock

• 3 weeks later...

Archived