Hungover at work

Chest Rockwell

• Moderators

We have 'quiet rooms' which are meeting rooms that you can't book - for nipping into for quick meetings and suchlike. Some of them have frosted windows, and they all have lockable doors... These are perfect for a nap when it is needed! (it's a new job in the same company, btw - I haven't been sleeping on the job already!)

I'm really looking forward to my hangover burrito from Tortilla at the minute... always my lunch on a hangover day. That is the thought that is getting me through this.

Also the hungover horn is making me see my new female colleagues in a whole different light right now. On this note, for my new job I have moved down to the 8th floor, around the corner from where I sit sits the hottest girl in the whole building, and probably Canary Wharf, and possibly top ten in the whole of London. She just walked past a couple minutes ago. I may have to go crack one out in the toilets later.

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members
I was just ablput to suggest a big wank. Also, a massive dump helps me start to rid myself of the symptoms as well.

THIS.

It might just be the alcohol, but i always need a massive dump when ive been drinking. Makes me feel better.

:thumbsup:

• Paid Members

I'd have thought a wank might leave you prone to drowsiness during the afternoon though, especially if you're also planning on enjoying a hearty meal.

On this note, for my new job I have moved down to the 8th floor, around the corner from where I sit sits the hottest girl in the whole building, and probably Canary Wharf, and possibly top ten in the whole of London. She just walked past a couple minutes ago. I may have to go crack one out in the toilets later.

You can't leave it at that my good man - we need to see a pic! If she is that hot it'll 'relieve' a lot of UKFF'ers tension on this long Friday afternoon.

I'mrunning on two hours sleep today, thanks to a slightly ill-advised night out last night. Thankfully there is literally no work to do, so I've already had a snooze at my desk.

• Moderators

My pain is very real, Surf.

The meeting went alright. Surprisingly, I was able to string coherent sentences together. Perhaps not quite the dazzling first impression it could have been, but certainly no disasterpiece.

15:00 meeting was not so good, but I don't really give a shit about that one as it was only a 1-2-1 with my manager about objectives setting. Boooring.

I took a shit, but didn't have time to fit a wank in... I was thinking it's hardly worth it now this late in the day, but then I just had a chat to one of my personal favourite hotties from here and she has a spectacular ass that is still fresh in my memory right now.

That's what I've been doing to kill some time.. wandering around chatting to various friends and colleagues in the building. I've been here long enough now that I think I could wander around for hours having little catch ups with peeps I know, with a notebook in my hand so it looks like I'm on my way to a meeting.

It was good recon - I got some tasty gossip this afternoon.

• Paid Members
Hang on, has this not turned out to be an April Fools gag?

If JTTS had posted this than yes, it would have been an April Fools. The bit about having a job. Not the being hungover and doing lines off of toilet seats.

• Paid Members
Oh God. Today is going to be an awful, awful day.

The thread title is not strictly accurate, as I'm in the 'kinda still drunk' phase. I'm only starting to crash now, and I can feel the pain coming.

This is my first week of a new job.. I have to chair a 1hr30 meeting at 13:00. 9 hours ago I was doing a line off a toilet seat in a lock in in a pub.

ARRGGGGGGG. Fuck. I feel terrible.

It's going to be a long day.

Anyone in the same boat?

Also, entertain me in this thread to help me get through the day.

Thanks.

I feel your pain. I've been there and done that. I've recently decided that I am not drinking in the week. I'm not twenty-two any more. When I was twenty-two I didn't get hangovers. Well, at least not in the way I do now. These days it simply isn't worth it. I'm not a young as I once was.

• Paid Members

Man, I woke up at 3 pm. I'm still not sober after last night festivities. My mouth stinks of fish. I had a toasted fish sandwich late last night and didn't wash my teeth prior to crashing. I'm thinking to myself that a couple of cans of Guinness would be nice. That's how my thought process works. If I do one day I'm good. I'll be hungover but I'll be more or less fine. If I do Friday and Saturday on the bounce then I am dead on Sunday. If I decide to have those cans of Guinness then I am not stopping till I crash in the early hours. I don't live in the world of one or two drinks.

Choices...

Archived