1PW - Unconventional [29/05/2011]

1PW

It is with regret 1PW Management announce the decision to cancel our Unconventional Event for Sunday the 29th of May.

The decision was not an easy one to make however there has been a significantly lesser interest in this event than 1PW had originally hoped. From a business standpoint it is simply not feasible for us to go ahead with the event with and as we are determined to avoid mistake from the past, this is the decision we have regrettably had to make. We knew it would be a tough one to sell, given the little promoting time we had.

We do appreciate that some fans who have already purchased tickets will be disappointed but can happily claim your refund from the various ticket outlets used to purchase them. We WILL be returning to Swindon however on September 25th 2011 for a very EXTREME Show. We will also honour tickets for this Sunday at that event if you so choose. The Fan Favourites Autograph Signing is STILL on during the day in Swindon

While we are obviously dissapointed, we have now doubled our efforts to making the Friday and Saturday events as memorable as possible. A healthy presale for both shows and a line up fit to wet the appetite of any BritWres fan, the weekend still promises to a memorable one.

In Closing, Refunds are ready right now! Email Sales@oneprowrestling.com and your Order Number if tickets were purchased on the 1PW Website, Contact the Swindon Dome Box office if purchased from there

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Disgruntled Worker or Bitter Promoter? There is nothing wrong with Lionheart he is one of the best in the UK. he's proved that time and time again with matches against Doug Williams, Desmond Wolfe, Jeff Jarrett and all the other brilliant UK guys we have to offer.

We have spoken to 4FW. so i would expect to some of there guys on the show also.

1PW is continuing to push its tag team division.. What better way to add to the tag team ranks by adding The Leaders (Marty Scurll & Zack Sabre Jr) who will make there official One Pro Wrestling Debut on the stacked weekend of May for 1PW - Road To Destiny, 1PW - The Last Stand AND 1PW Unconventional

As this is in Swindon surely it would be benficial to use some of the 4FW guys... I'd certainly want to use JD Knight, The Saint or Dave Sharp over Lionheart... saying that I'd book anyone other than him....

Like the 1PW promoter has said we have been in contact in a very professional manner and am sure something will be arranged to see ssome 4FW guys on the card.

We at 4FW have no personal issues, at the end of the day it's buisness, they need to do what's best for buisness as do 4FW.

I have had people contact me left, right and centre, angry but it is what it is, we have built up a fantastic reputation in Swindon, the town is not big enough for to much Wrestling but we have offered to help 1PW in any way we can as with the talent on the show it can only be a great event.

Hopefully all at 4FW will be on hand to watch the event, even help out where neccessary, i'm hoping for a great event and it gives us a kick in the ass to step up what we are producing.

5pm is good start time to make me be tempted to go, but given 1PW's reputation for loooong shows, can I trust them if they name a finish time?

My last train home would be at 8.59, which for any normal show would be fine probably!

i think you can on this.. The New Dawn we finished 5minutes EARLIER than we planned ha, and after 2 days of shows. myself and the managment will want nothing more than to go to bed too :|

We at 4FW have no personal issues, at the end of the day it's buisness, they need to do what's best for buisness as do 4FW.

I applaud this. Great to see 4FW help 1PW in new terrority especially given how it's there first show down south if I'm not mistaken. So having been a 4FW fan for a while now and with the imports that 1PW will be bringing from it's show theirs no way I can't miss this. :thumbsup: Hope it's the first show down south of many!

As this is in Swindon surely it would be benficial to use some of the 4FW guys... I'd certainly want to use JD Knight, The Saint or Dave Sharp over Lionheart... saying that I'd book anyone other than him....

Like the 1PW promoter has said we have been in contact in a very professional manner and am sure something will be arranged to see ssome 4FW guys on the card.

I have had people contact me left, right and centre, angry but it is what it is, we have built up a fantastic reputation in Swindon, the town is not big enough for to much Wrestling but we have offered to help 1PW in any way we can as with the talent on the show it can only be a great event.

Hopefully all at 4FW will be on hand to watch the event, even help out where neccessary, i'm hoping for a great event and it gives us a kick in the ass to step up what we are producing.

People have contacted you to complain that internationally recognised wrestlers are coming to Swindon? Seriously?!

Oh and Freddy Joe, Lionheart not good enough? Get a life! Whilst he's by no means my favourite in the UK you cannot deny the guys talent and he has genuine star potential.

People have contacted you to complain that internationally recognised wrestlers are coming to Swindon? Seriously?!

Oh and Freddy Joe, Lionheart not good enough? Get a life! Whilst he's by no means my favourite in the UK you cannot deny the guys talent and he has genuine star potential.

I'm guessing its more due to the fact that their running very close to where 4FW run successful shows from. 1PW have a reputation for not delivering with imports and such, people dont want that happening in Swindon thinking it could harm the town and 4FW.

Aka they dont want 1PW fucking up the town for 4FW.

Archived