My Best Film?

M-Dudz

• Paid Members

Eternal Sunshine is good but way overrated. The Truman Show however is a truly great and beautiful film that doesn't get nearly the respect it deserves.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Well, I'm probably not the best person to ask that of, as I hated Eternal Sunshine

I'm kicking you out of the Film Club :angry:

Sorry man, it's just that Charlie Kaufman's films really aggravate me. I'm usually a fan of surrealism or magic realism (whatever you want to label it), but his stuff is just like being slapped on the arm gently with a wet flannel by an effete Jewish New Yorker. It's too clever for its own good. I did like his work on Confessions of a Dangerous Mind but afterwards found out that Barris and Clooney had rewritten most of it anyway, clearly to the betterment of the film.

A toss up between The Mask and Liar Liar for me and I'm another person who's not fond of Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind - I actually just found it boring and it didn't hold my interest for very long.

• Paid Members

Jim Carrey movies fall into a couple of very distinct categories...it always pains me when people watch some of his more serious work and expect it be like Dumb & Dumber. I guess that's what happens when an actor gets kind of typecast.

I've pretty much liked Jim Carrey in everything he's done, im a big fan of the wacky stuff and his choices in more serious roles has also been pretty good, he always seems to be interesting 'serious' movies.

If i had to pick one movie though it would have to be Dumb & Dumber.

I cannot say enough good things about Man On The Moon, it has everything; comedy, drama, romance, heartbreak, Jerry Lawler. Hell, it even managed to make Courtney Love look like a human being, which is a remarkable achievement in itself.

Archived