Kofi Kingston - Who to blame?

RepoMan

• Moderators
They dropped the ball when they had him wrestle Orton on Raw three weeks before their PPV match and every week into the run up.

Yup. That's when it went to shit for me. Kofi definitely hasn't helped himself since then, though.

Orton was getting face reactions too at the time so it was just awful luck on Kofi's part. His 2047 matches with Dolph Ziggler didn't help matters either.

Orton was getting face reactions at the time yes. But if Randy went absolutely psycho and did (1) thing that the people would see as "Going to far" because he trashed your car after all we are talking about a piece of metal an not a human being yada yada yada and with the fanfare that Kofi had at the time, It might of resulted in a bit less cheers for Orton and a few more for Kofi which that few more added to what he had already had might of pushed him to the main event level. He might of even stayed on raw through 2010 and not been in 2047 matches with Ziggler on smackdown as enjoyable as they were imo. But we will never know because they killed that angle dead :-(

Nonsense. That kind of spitting into the wind gets them nowhere; the fans ultimately decide. Look at Eddie beating the shit out of his tag partner and getting cheered, and Kurt "I don't much care for black people" Angle.

WWE made Kofi look amazing for a few weeks when he was getting the best of Randy Orton but suddenly decided against the push. Rumours of Orton making sure his push stalled were strong at the time.

He must of thought that Kofi was a sloppy worker. You know how fickle main eventers are, especially with Orton ala the incident with Mr Kennedy. Kofi's de-push started from there and he hasn't really recovered.

If talent cuts are coming does anyone think he may be a surprise name to be released?? I hope not as he I think he is a talented midcarder

Kofi's to blame for his poor performances, wwe is to blame for his all around general portrayal as happy go lucky laid back dude and shit fueds. Rob Van Dam was sorta similar but he got over (in wwe) cause he was cool and different and he was exciting in the ring. As "high flying" as he is, and no matter how much "controlled frenzy" the boy has he's still a bit shit really.

• Paid Members
For me, Kofi screams midcarder. He looks like a midcarder, wrestles like a midcarder and talks like a midcarder.

This. Not a bad thing, every promotion needs midcarders and Kofi seems destined to be one. Not a bad thing, he's decent filler for the card. Not everyone is destined for the main event if they keep at it, Kofi is one of them. I don't think he has what it takes to make it on the next level, but that's not a bad thing.

Archived