Backstage heat on a couple of Diva's

AJS269

I'd say she's more mainstream in America than over here. I'd compare her fame to the people from that Only Way Is Essex show and things of that nature. OK Magazine style celebrities.

I would go much bigger than people from the Only Way Is Essex in this country. Jersey Shore is the highest rated programme in MTV history. I believe a much higher percentage in the US would know who Snooki is compared to the percentage of people who would know someone from the Only Way Is Essex does here.

She's probably more comparable to Big Brother contestants when it was popular. So kind of on the Jade Goody, Brian Dowling level.

Only Way Is Essex was the only relevant show I could think of that's actually running. Those people will be more famous over the course of the year.

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply
If whoever is bashing Snooki backstage hates WWE, they should just go to TNA. They pay WAY over the odds for their female performers. Christy Hemme, Mickie James, Velvet Sky and Angelina Love get paid more than most of the midcard. That company is a disgrace.

Ian, what planet are you on?

It is well known TNA (for the most part) pay LESS than WWE for their women. This is why Gail Kim left, this is why Awesome Kong left, its why Tara left (until she figured WWE wouldn't take her back and any money is more than no money)

Christy Hemme is on great money for what she does and with Mickey James being quite popular she will be on similar money, which is more than everyone in TNA that wasn't a star in the WWE/WCW.

Velvet & Angelina are on decent money as well, they certainly aren't going to starve, even though Angelina looks like she is.

Hm, you make a good point, but its a bit far to say that TNA pay way over the odds and more than the midcard for ALL their female performers

• Paid Members
She's mainstream at the moment. She's big news. They are after publicity from the mainstream to attract a load of buyers.

Just as a matter of intrest, how many people on here had heard of this individual beforehand? I haven't seen any WWE wrestling since the Rumble, so this thread is the first I've heard of her.

I know this isn't what you're talking about when you say mainstream, she's obviously mainstream with the Yanks.

I'm pretty sure I read somewhere last week that Jersey Shore gets twice the weekly ratings that Raw gets. She has just released a New York Times bestseller too. So she is pretty well known over there.

• Paid Members
Honestly, even if someone made it up, I can't see how it wouldn't be true. I know it's a massive cliche to moan about celebrities taking the wrestlers paycheques and what not, but to say nobody will be angry about it is a bit silly.

For example, Snooki essentially took Kelly Kelly's payday. Also, I very much doubt that Jersey Shore fans will be paying the stupid price in the U.S for 'Mania just to see Snooki for 15 minutes. So in a way, WWE are making a loss on her?

I know of 2 of my wife friends who will order it as they are big fans of Jersey shore another mate of mine asked if he can come round to watch Raw when Snookie was on. Snookie is there to help advertise and promote and she will do her job.

Picture that if you had a uk show over here and you got Jordon involved how much extra press would you get for that fact?

• Paid Members

Snooki's class. She's a right laugh. And its literally impossible to be any worse than a lot of the Divas and Knockouts currently on TV, so it cant be abysmal by current women's wrestling standards. The match will probably be more entertaining than 90% of WWE womens matches on PPV.

• Paid Members

I agree I think the match will be entertaining. I will watch it when I would normally turn anything diva off. I think it helps Morrison and Ziggler are in their and also because Trish has been awful since she has returned. Awful is not always bad though her awfulness has made me chuckle a good bit. Her promo when she first came back was terrible she keeps botching moves and she has aged a bit and does not really hold a flame to the younger much prettier divas now. I have no idea who this Snooki is but she is popular in the states and the WWE do like their celebrities.

Is there any chance of Awesome Kong coming out and destroying everyone including Ziggler and Morrison maybe even 100/1 in the fantasy betting thread.

Ian, what planet are you on?

It is well known TNA (for the most part) pay LESS than WWE for their women. This is why Gail Kim left, this is why Awesome Kong left, its why Tara left (until she figured WWE wouldn't take her back and any money is more than no money)

shad-3.jpg

haha, fair enough big man.

• Moderators
Snooki's class. She's a right laugh. And its literally impossible to be any worse than a lot of the Divas and Knockouts currently on TV, so it cant be abysmal by current women's wrestling standards. The match will probably be more entertaining than 90% of WWE womens matches on PPV.

And, whisper it quietly, I'd do Snooki. J-Woww would be preferable, but I'd still "smush" her. I'm DTF with her. Compared to grenades like Kong, Hamada and Jillian Hall, Snookiis blessed relief.

Archived