Backstage heat on a couple of Diva's

AJS269

• Paid Members
Honestly, even if someone made it up, I can't see how it wouldn't be true. I know it's a massive cliche to moan about celebrities taking the wrestlers paycheques and what not, but to say nobody will be angry about it is a bit silly.

For example, Snooki essentially took Kelly Kelly's payday. Also, I very much doubt that Jersey Shore fans will be paying the stupid price in the U.S for 'Mania just to see Snooki for 15 minutes. So in a way, WWE are making a loss on her?

That isnt what they are doing it for. Its for WWE to get in the gossip mags and the mainstream press, and for Joesph P. Ublic to say "fucking hell, WrestleMania's on next week! Rock and Austin are back! That looks class!" Corrie didnt have Status Quo on an episode because they wanted to attract a bunch of long haired blokes in cut-off denim jackets. WWE arent after the Jersey Shore fanbase to buy the PPV. And for a less confusing example, Rolling Stone Magazine put Snooki on the cover of their magazine recently. She's mainstream at the moment. She's big news. They are after publicity from the mainstream to attract a load of buyers.

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members
Honestly, even if someone made it up, I can't see how it wouldn't be true. I know it's a massive cliche to moan about celebrities taking the wrestlers paycheques and what not, but to say nobody will be angry about it is a bit silly.

For example, Snooki essentially took Kelly Kelly's payday. Also, I very much doubt that Jersey Shore fans will be paying the stupid price in the U.S for 'Mania just to see Snooki for 15 minutes. So in a way, WWE are making a loss on her?

Not remotely from the press they have got from her. Sure we don't care but the main stream US gossip press have soething to chat about. So Its clear shes worth more than Kelly Kelly or any other barely over Diva face.

As much as I don't want Snooki involved truth is she will bring publicity and will bring in a few buys from Jersey Shore fanatics hell even if she bought in just 1 buy that's 1 more than Kelly would bring in.

• Paid Members

I'd never seen anything involving Snookie until she showed up on Raw and I thought she carried herself very well. Came across as likeable, didn't let the skeptics in the crowd bring down her enthusiasm and under the circumstances her physical involvement looked nowhere near as bad as it could've. If she's getting a lot of publicity now I can see why, she seems like a person who's very happy to be where she is and genuinely enjoys getting involved with the show. She comes across a lot better than a lot of the other celebrities they've had involved at least.

If whoever is bashing Snooki backstage hates WWE, they should just go to TNA. They pay WAY over the odds for their female performers. Christy Hemme, Mickie James, Velvet Sky and Angelina Love get paid more than most of the midcard. That company is a disgrace.

Ian, what planet are you on?

It is well known TNA (for the most part) pay LESS than WWE for their women. This is why Gail Kim left, this is why Awesome Kong left, its why Tara left (until she figured WWE wouldn't take her back and any money is more than no money)

Anyway, this 6 person match strikes me as piss break. Most Diva matches in WWE are these days. And they will focus on the Diva's.

If whoever is bashing Snooki backstage hates WWE, they should just go to TNA. They pay WAY over the odds for their female performers. Christy Hemme, Mickie James, Velvet Sky and Angelina Love get paid more than most of the midcard. That company is a disgrace.

Ian, what planet are you on?

It is well known TNA (for the most part) pay LESS than WWE for their women. This is why Gail Kim left, this is why Awesome Kong left, its why Tara left (until she figured WWE wouldn't take her back and any money is more than no money)

Christy Hemme is on great money for what she does and with Mickey James being quite popular she will be on similar money, which is more than everyone in TNA that wasn't a star in the WWE/WCW.

Velvet & Angelina are on decent money as well, they certainly aren't going to starve, even though Angelina looks like she is.

Not disputing the mainstream publicity angle, but I honestly can't understand what sort of people Snooki appeals to. I mean, Jersey Shore is a laugh, but that's mainly due to the Situation's ridiculous antics and the other girls acting as wank material. Snooki is fucking rank and an idiot - but then again, I've probably answered my own question considering the ridiculous number of lasses who idolise Jordan just like they did St Jade.

I'd say she's more mainstream in America than over here. I'd compare her fame to the people from that Only Way Is Essex show and things of that nature. OK Magazine style celebrities.

I would go much bigger than people from the Only Way Is Essex in this country. Jersey Shore is the highest rated programme in MTV history. I believe a much higher percentage in the US would know who Snooki is compared to the percentage of people who would know someone from the Only Way Is Essex does here.

She's probably more comparable to Big Brother contestants when it was popular. So kind of on the Jade Goody, Brian Dowling level.

Archived