Chris Benoit - Will He Ever Be Remembered For His Talent Again?

David

Chris Benoit was a great wrestler who had great matches. I don't care what he did in his private time and neither should anybody else

Yeah, that's true. Having some high-snowflake wrestling matches is much more important than murdering a child. You fucking maniac.

If peoples past transgressions effect you so much then I wonder how you get any enjoyment out of anything. As I mentioned in my first post, which you also seem to have ignored, what about Austin beating up his wife? Do you switch off the TV when Stone Cold Steve Austin appears, or is a grown man beating up a woman okay to you? I'm trying to figure out where you personally draw the line on this, is it okay to enjoy watching the antics of a man who beat his wife but it's not okay to enjoy the matches of a man who would go on to murder his wife and child years later?

• Replies 245
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Chris Benoit was a great wrestler who had great matches. I don't care what he did in his private time and neither should anybody else, if you can't look past what he did any enjoy his matches then you need to buck up and stop being such a bleeding vagina.

Thats a pretty stupid way to look at this. Ian Huntley was probably a great janitor. It shouldnt matter what he did to Holly and Jessica cause that was something he did in his private time, and nobody should care about that.

You need to buck up Vito. Of course people should care about what he did in his private time. Seen as it was such a hideous thing to do. I hope WWE erase the guy from their history completely, and the next generation of fans have no idea who the guy is, cause that sick fuck should never be celebrated.

They already have, Legend Killer. The only way to see Benoit's matches any more is on DVDs like I do.

It depends on what level you appreciate it.

Can I still appreciate that Benoit was a highly talented, dedicated performer who wrestled a fantastic style that I enjoyed? Yes. Nothing really changes that because I still enjoyed it at the time, and I do now. I can't take the past back, and while I don't think any of it validates what he did on a personal level, I do still appreciate his wrestling talent.

I don't think that makes me a bad person or anything.

Repo, I don't think it makes you a bad person at all - I just think you are able to see the difference between Chris Benoit the wrestler and Chris Benoit the man.

• Paid Members
Chris Benoit was a great wrestler who had great matches. I don't care what he did in his private time and neither should anybody else

Yeah, that's true. Having some high-snowflake wrestling matches is much more important than murdering a child. You fucking maniac.

If peoples past transgressions effect you so much then I wonder how you get any enjoyment out of anything. As I mentioned in my first post, which you also seem to have ignored, what about Austin beating up his wife? Do you switch off the TV when Stone Cold Steve Austin appears, or is a grown man beating up a woman okay to you? I'm trying to figure out where you personally draw the line on this, is it okay to enjoy watching the antics of a man who beat his wife but it's not okay to enjoy the matches of a man who would go on to murder his wife and child years later?

While I'm not condoning his actions there's a HUGE difference between what Austin did and child murder.

• Paid Members
Repo, I don't think it makes you a bad person at all - I just think you are able to see the difference between Chris Benoit the wrestler and Chris Benoit the man.

Which one got the concussions that lead to the murder of a child?

The wrestler obviously, Supremo.

I can't watch his matches because they are directly responsible for the destruction of the man we didn't see on television. Every head drop, every chair shot, every injury, every concussion he suffered and every needle, every painkiller he put into his body are connected to that murders he comitted. I can't watch his matches because that's all i think about it.

His match with Angle at Rumble 2003 was a work of art, his ladder match with Jericho at Rumble 2001 was brutal, his title win at WMXX was so emotional but it all led to the murder of a woman and a child.

• Paid Members

So, when does he magically transform into Chris Benoit the man? What seperates the two?

So, when does he magically transform into Chris Benoit the man? What seperates the two?

Supremo, I said earlier that I'm not condoning what he did to Nancy and Daniel. We don't honestly know exactly why he did what he did not do I think we ever will - the only person who did is dead. I think you can seperate the two because you can still appreciate his matches despite the awful ending to his, Nancy's and Daniel's lives.

Supremo, I said earlier that I'm not condoning what he did to Nancy and Daniel. We don't honestly know exactly why he did what he did not do I think we ever will - the only person who did is dead. I think you can seperate the two because you can still appreciate his matches despite the awful ending to his, Nancy's and Daniel's lives.

Read my post. The things that happen in those matches, the choices he made in his career ALL lead to the murders. His matches are evidence as to why he killed that day.

What the fuck planet are you on?

I'm a Liverpool fan, if Stevie Gerrard kills his wife and kid tonight, I'm not going to watch the Olympiakos game where he gets the decisive goal or the 2006 FA Cup final and think "Oh well that's Gerrard the footballer, not Gerrard the person, what he did makes no difference to his career" I'd think what he did in his career means fuck all compared to what he did to his family

I can't actually believe people are defending Benoit the wrestler in this thread, yeah he was great and I can actually understand why people watch matches with him in but when people are saying his career overcomes what he did is just sickening, a woman and child died, not in a storyline, they actually died and yet him throwing a crisp German suplex somehow means more than that

• Paid Members
I think you can seperate the two because you can still appreciate his matches despite the awful ending to his, Nancy's and Daniel's lives.

Even though there could be a direct link between the punishment he took in those matches and what eventually happened?

I was going to bring up the Jimmy Superfly Snuka thing but Vito already did, And Snuka is in the H.O.F btw and he performed at mania 25. My guess is how over with the people you are depends on your legacy. Look at Michael Jackson, When he died it was like everyone forgot that he was seen as a pedo. He might of "beat the case" but most people (and me being one of them) believed he did do what he was on trail for. Even though that last case he was found not guilty it was a strong belief that he did do it before just not caught for it. He dies and people are doing the thriller dance at shopping malls in honor of him and his mass body of work he left behind him.

Like someone Kay Burley Upskirt said "if Shawn Michaels had done what Chirs Beniot had done would the content of his matches change? Would he suddenly become someone who wasn't actually that good after all? Would he bollocks." And just like when you watch naked gun you still laugh beacuse you CANT DENY talent.

I think you can seperate the two because you can still appreciate his matches despite the awful ending to his, Nancy's and Daniel's lives.

Even though there could be a direct link between the punishment he took in those matches and what eventually happened?

Yes and as for whoever asked what planet I'm on, last time I checked I was still on Earth. Just because you disagree with me doesn't mean you need to get angry with me.

Archived