The Jim Johnston Appreciation Thread

Jetta's G-string

Good to see Jimmy Hart did American Dream. Is that why it's edited off some versions of Wrestlemania VI and replaced with the theme off John Leslie's Wheel of fucking Fortune of all things?

Yeah, they didn't want to pay royalty cheques that time I guess, but whats weird is they dubbed it with that production theme on the Randy Savage DVD which came out a month of the Legends of Wrestlemania game. The game had American Dream on it though.

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members
Good to see Jimmy Hart did American Dream. Is that why it's edited off some versions of Wrestlemania VI and replaced with the theme off John Leslie's Wheel of fucking Fortune of all things?

From 8:15

Thats completely mental! It fits so well. Jimmy was on the black list for a bit wasnt he? Or maybe they use so much of Jesse Ventura on the DVD, that they feel they need to cut out on the extra royalities they are paying out on the music? Fuck knows.

• Paid Members

Tremendous. I was about to close the window, then the key change kicked in and it was funny all over again.

• Paid Members

Just as a little addendum to this, I also noticed Finkel's ring introduction is re-recorded, presumably to make it sound cleaner with the edited music.

How did Sapphire know how to dance IN TIME to the Wheel of Fortune music?

She clearly got told they'd use it as back-up music years into the future, and devised a well-timed dance that fitted BOTH FUCKING SONGS.

I have a new found respect for that funky black ass.

• Paid Members

Jimmy Hart seems to be the guy who did most of the lyrics based tunes in 80's. His memphis stuff was fucking brilliant.

Who did the theme tune to Prime Time Wrestling 1991/Bam Bam Bigelow circa 1987/88, if so they were better, god I love that theme and it's impossible to find

Yeah Jim is a genius.

I've shared a couple of emails with him over the years as well, he seems like a very nice bloke who's obviously passionate about what he's doing. He was gutted that his "It's Too Late" theme was scrapped from Drew McIntyre, lol.

Jimmy Hart had the better record during the 80s and early 90s. Hart did the themes for the Honky Tonk Man, Hulk Hogan, Ted DiBiase, Andre The Giant, The Rougeaus Brothers, The Hart Foundation, Shawn Michaels, If You Only Knew, Piledriver and a few others. Jimmy Hart and Jim Johnson were a good team in the 80s.

Andre had theme music?

Both Jim Johnston and Jimmy Hart are awesome but sadly neither of them wrote "Girls In Cars" for Strikeforce. That was this guy:

Archived