resuscitated but who?

k-man

• Paid Members
Owen Hart, because he was ace and a lot of the others mentioned (Guerrero, Benoit, Rude, Hennig) all died mainly due to lifestyle choices, I doubt Owen was coming down from the ceiling of arenas dressed as the Blue Blazer in his spare time

This. While I'd prefer to see Guerrero, Benoit or (dare I say it) Mike Awesome again, I'd feel harsh if I didn't use my one-off resurrection on someone who played it safe/didn't hang themselves. With that in mind, I could bring back El Gigante, but he'll only die of giantism all over again. :(

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I would say Eddie Guerrero, as if he hadn't of died, we might not have gotten two awful Rey Mysterio runs with the World Heavyweight Title. I think I would choose Owen Hart though, as he seemed like such a nice person from Bret's book.

Yes i would have to agree with you on this one

i sat and watched my dvd of hard knocks the benoit story the other day and to see him crying when he thought of stu hart was saddening if it stopped that hell from happening then obviously it would be him, eddie was great but like someone mentioned was in pain a lot and rey only got the title for a symapty reign, ravishing rick hell yeah he would be immense in modern day wwe

• Moderators
Bad News Brown, and I'd have had him read Bret Harts book, then hire him for WWE in 2010 and watch Bret keep on shitting himself.

What did Bret say about Bad News in his book?

General whinging about him, that kind of stuff. He wouldn't have done it if he was alive probably, because Bad News is the toughest, maddest bastard ever and probably would have walked through water that was on fire to beat the shit out of someone talking ill of him.

In terms of what we missed wrestling-wise, definitely Brian Pillman. Sort out the heart problems, and send him back to March 1996 to make the jump with Marc Mero.

In the Attitude era, a fit & healthy Pillman with his loose cannon persona fully developed would have been as big a player as anyone other than Rock and Austin.

• Moderators
In terms of what we missed wrestling-wise, definitely Brian Pillman. Sort out the heart problems, and send him back to March 1996 to make the jump with Marc Mero.

He was a shadow of himself before that wrestling wise. It's a fucking shame that he never had the golden peak of both at the same time. Mouth and Style.

He was a shadow of himself before that wrestling wise. It's a fucking shame that he never had the golden peak of both at the same time. Mouth and Style.

Pillman was a fantastic worker in the mid 90s, you can see examples of that with the Alex Wright carry-job i mentioned the other day, and the Fall Brawl match with Mero which was one of his last big matches before he joined the Horsemen and changed his whole style to fit the new persona. In 1996, he had the tools to do everything he did with the Blonds (and more), so I can only assume you mean he wasn't as agile or athletic just before the accident as he was in the early 90s, some niggling injuries had slowed him down a bit etc. That may be so, but as the loose cannon he was never going to be flying around like it was 1991 again - a competitive, light heavyweight babyface style wouldn't have suited the gimmick anyway.

IMO, he was a better, more clever and rounded worker in early 1996 than he was at any other time of his career, with the experience of working different styles. All he needed was an ankle that worked and i'm certain he would have been huge in the WWF. They clearly had high hopes too, judging by the contract he got and the publicity surrounding his signing.

• Paid Members
They clearly had high hopes too, judging by the contract he got and the publicity surrounding his signing.

Not really. I doubt he'd have done much in WWF. He was desperate to leave as soon as he first started in WWF and was planning on going back to WCW once his deal was up. They only signed him because Vince thought he was getting something WCW wanted and he was Jim Ross' mate. From whats been said since and how Pillman was handled a lot of the time, McMahon didnt get his character and wasnt to fond on it.

Archived