Sian O'Callaghan

4FWpromoter

Yeah, my mother of all people found the guy's name on thesun site (who revealed it first), and asked if there was possibly connection. I had hoped it wasn't but what with both hers and her sisters facebook profiles seemingly disappearing, and now thesun naming her, her brother and sister, and a pic of her mum, its actually confirmed.

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Well the original panicking shock has pretty much gone, still seems so surreal though. I tried texting her earlier, but just didn't know what to say. What COULD I say?

Part of me just feels like driving there right now to console her, but I would guess it wouldn't be right.

This is such a difficult one. Even making contact though is a challenge. You must bear in mind that right now, the tabloids will be throwing money at anyone with the vaguest connection to the family in order to get information or a tipoff on their whereabouts to get photos and generally harrass the fuck out of them. Even though I'm sure you're principled enough not to do that, sadly, in these cases there will always be someone near them who is. Even more sinister than that though is the risk that somebody associated with Sian or the other victim(s?) comes after them. In light of all that I guess the only thing you can really say from afar is to offer your sympathy for their situation and assure that if and when she needs anything you'll be willing to help. It's going to be a long time before her poor family are going to return to anything resembling normality. Truly a horrifying situation to find yourself in.

• Paid Members
Shaking. Thesun.co.uk have given a name. My friend's fb profiles have been deleted. I think it was her dad :(

Wow, thats awful.

Can't imagine how that would feel. Thoughts with everyone concerned.

Just a horrible situation. :(

Yeah, my mother of all people found the guy's name on thesun site (who revealed it first), and asked if there was possibly connection. I had hoped it wasn't but what with both hers and her sisters facebook profiles seemingly disappearing, and now thesun naming her, her brother and sister, and a pic of her mum, its actually confirmed.

You can always rely on the fine publication that is The Sun to show a bit of common sense and compassion at times like this, can't you?

Indeed, they were the first publication to disclose the guys name, and my friend text me this morning saying that her picture was in the Daily Mail. So someone has already been and made their quick cash :angry: I feel sorry for her.

It is fucking absurd that the press are doing this. As if they weren't in enough grief now they have paps to contend with.

If only we had an independent Press Complaint Commission :( Sadly, the one we have is run by the major news publishers and therefore riddled with conflicts of interest, so they can do pretty much what they like.

• Moderators

Papers are pure scum. When my Dad died my Mum found out via the newspapers. They phoned her up and said "Can I get a quote from you about your husbands death?". Minutes later the police showed up.

Seriously why does anybody read tabloids? They are just full of exaggerations, rumour and lies, it's disgusting that they can name family members like that without any legal threat or shame on their part, it's even disgusting that these days they can publically name suspects when they havnt been found guilty of anything, just look at the jo Yeats case and her landlord.

Seriously why does anybody read tabloids? They are just full of exaggerations, rumour and lies, it's disgusting that they can name family members like that without any legal threat or shame on their part, it's even disgusting that these days they can publically name suspects when they havnt been found guilty of anything, just look at the jo Yeats case and her landlord.

Papers are pure scum. When my Dad died my Mum found out via the newspapers. They phoned her up and said "Can I get a quote from you about your husbands death?". Minutes later the police showed up.

That is crass, insensistive cuntery on a scale that even the turdiest cretin like Richard Littlejohn would wince at

• Paid Members

That is crass, insensistive cuntery on a scale that even the turdiest cretin like Richard Littlejohn would wince at

This Sun Article literally reads like a "by the numbers" serial killer life story, no surprises there however it seems too conveniently ABC.

The article is from the sister of the murderer. What a fucking cunt she is, cashing a cheque on her own brother at the expense of a recently murdered girl. Some people are just cunts.

This Sun Article literally reads like a "by the numbers" serial killer life story, no surprises there however it seems too conveniently ABC.

The article is from the sister of the murderer. What a fucking cunt she is, cashing a cheque on her own brother at the expense of a recently murdered girl. Some people are just cunts.

I'd suggest someone so quick to cash in on a sibling's murder spree - knowing the implications it would have for her sister-in-law and nieces/nephews - is a bit of a wrongun as well to be honest. To say HE isnt normal is textbook Pot-versus-Kettle racial profiling.

That's a pretty shite Best Man's speech.

But, yeh, totally appalled by the sister, but, I guarantee that enough cash was thrown at her to make her feel like she's making a difference.

Disgusting.

Archived