Book The Rock on 28/3, 3/4 and 4/4

ligerbomb

Here's how I reckon WWE will go with this:

28/3: Tension between Miz, The Rock and Cena with a 3-way promo at the end of the show.

3/4: Cena wins with help from The Rock and they have a hug while the commentators bark "WRESTLEMANIA MOMENT!" as many times as they can fit into the remaining PPV time.

4/4: Rock cuts a promo and puts Cena over as the greatest WWE champion in history then leaves to make films.

Of course this all sounds very safe, boring and lacking in creativity. Hence why it is my prediction ;)

This is what i'm really afraid of, i honestly think they might do this.

Here's how I reckon WWE will go with this:

28/3: Tension between Miz, The Rock and Cena with a 3-way promo at the end of the show.

3/4: Cena wins with help from The Rock and they have a hug while the commentators bark "WRESTLEMANIA MOMENT!" as many times as they can fit into the remaining PPV time.

4/4: Rock cuts a promo and puts Cena over as the greatest WWE champion in history then leaves to make films.

Of course this all sounds very safe, boring and lacking in creativity. Hence why it is my prediction ;)

This is what i'm really afraid of, i honestly think they might do this.

It sounds lame to us "attitude era" fans, but honestly, with the audience the WWE is currently targeting, this sort of scenario makes absolutely perfect sense and the kids and teenagers would eat this up. Hell, done well it could look pretty good. You can always revisit Cena v Rock at a later date in a who's the better man type deal if they can convince Rocky to wrestle again.

This is why although he has been in high profile matches at Wrestlemania since 2004 he has only been in the real main event once.

Which year are you counting as the once? 2006?

My mistake, I was only thinking of 2006 but forgot about 2007 against HBK. I guess a point could be made about that or just that he hasnt been the last 3 years!

This is why although he has been in high profile matches at Wrestlemania since 2004 he has only been in the real main event once.

My mistake, I was only thinking of 2006 but forgot about 2007 against HBK. I guess a point could be made about that or just that he hasnt been the last 3 years!

You can't really say that. The last match on the show for Wrestlemania isn't the main event anymore, there is usually at least 4 of them. So really, he has been in one of the main events every year for 7 Wrestlemanias. Rightfully so as well, he is their top star, and brings them the most money.

You can't really say that. The last match on the show for Wrestlemania isn't the main event anymore, there is usually at least 4 of them. So really, he has been in one of the main events every year for 7 Wrestlemanias. Rightfully so as well, he is their top star, and brings them the most money.

I actually agree on that point that he has been in high profile main events at mania. But this isnt about what is really right or not, its about booking something that can draw on TV or what you would like to see. It would still in my mind be a good point if you look at the fact even the last 3 years he hasnt been in the final match nothing against cena and his drawing power either here just how I see his involvement at mania and how it could be used in a storyline against him. Infact lets look at his mania record

Mania 20 - Opening Match Vs Big Show for the US Title - Won and started his rise to becoming a main eventer - not main event though

Mania 21 - Vs JBL WWE Title Middle of the card match, less build up that 2 other matches (HHH Vs Batista & HBK Vs Angle). With those and the austin and hogan returns it felt a lot less important to me although could be described as one of 3 main event matches (loosely i feel)

Mania 22 - Main event hands down against HHH

Mania 23 - Main event Title match, went on last but was given equal build as the Smackdown main event and less than the battle of the billionaires

Mania 24 - Triple threat WWE title match, middle of the show, felt very unimportant to me compared to Flair vs HBK, Taker Vs Edge and Mayweather vs Big Show.

Mania 25 - In a thrown together cluster fuck triple threat need I say more

Mania 26 - in a well built match against batista but still middle of the card

From where I see it cena has really been 2nd or third rung most of his mania career

• Paid Members

Maybe I'm missing something, but why the fuck is The Rock appearing live on this week's RAW? As I understood it, considering he's not having a match, the Wrestlemania Moment we were all supposed to be paying for was The Rock and Cena finally interacting face-to-face. If they give it away on this week's RAW, what's left for us to get excited about at the pay per view? Them interacting again?

• Paid Members
Maybe I'm missing something, but why the fuck is The Rock appearing live on this week's RAW? As I understood it, considering he's not having a match, the Wrestlemania Moment we were all supposed to be paying for was The Rock and Cena finally interacting face-to-face. If they give it away on this week's RAW, what's left for us to get excited about at the pay per view? Them interacting again?

What if they avoid a face to face again? Miz could jump Cena at the start of the night so he can have the face to face with the Rock. I'm expecting the the big announcement for Rock to somehow be the ref or have some official involvement in the Miz Cena match.

Archived