UFC 129: St Pierre vs Shields Discussion Thread

David

49 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

i think Dana wouldn't be too bothered about a UFC champion creaming a Strikeforce champion...if it goes the other way is the problem.

Yeah, I doubt Dana would lose any sleep over it, but I wonder what would happen when the fight was over? Would Diaz go back to defending the Strikeforce strap?

• Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply

GSP is not boring. When he's supposedly 'laying and praying' it's interesting to watch for MMA purists as his transitions and strength on the floor is flawless. On his feet his boxing is some of the best I've seen in MMA. He feigns alot and has deadly accuracy. His quick kicks are things of beauty. I will say he fights more now 'not to get beat' than to win and thats ever since the Serra loss which had a huge affect on him. He's a luxery to watch for me.

GSP vs Diaz shouldnt happen. St-Pierre already beat the Cesar Gracie/Scrap Pack standout with comfortable ease and even then with one eye (On that note Shields shouldve utilized the right hand more as GSP wouldnt have been able to read it.) When Diaz was in UFC he was little more than a division gatekeeper. GSP would murderize Diaz.

I was concerned about his lack of vision and have kept a close eye (pardon the pun) on the situation over the last few days but it seems blood had just conglogated in the eye and blurred the vision and the retina had not detatched which was the intial fear.

Archived