The "Please suspend me for 48 hours" thread

Mr. Seven

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Ian we have locked horns before

Have we?

i say again, i except people can judge my family on wrestling, but i would not stand for personal insults to my wife or family in a pub or in public so a forum is not an excuse to be ignorant. If you dont rate the girls as wrestlers thats fine, thats your choice as fans and ukffers but why resort to personal attacks.

What I meant was, if your wife was in the ring and someone shouted "gypo" at her, would she or you be offended? My point was, he was having a go on face value because the original poster was offering a piece of audio that promotes the character of "Sweet Saraya". He's not having a go at her as a mother, a person or anything like that. He's slagging what he only see's as a wrestler who we are encouraged to like or dislike.

In part i agree with you but at a show people have paid a tenner, Saraya is in character, winding up the crowd looking for a response, thats her job. last nite was an interview with Saraya telling stories of her career. The man was just being clever Ian and if you are an honest man, you know it. I hate Wayne Rooney on match days i would slag him to death but away from football, i dont know him or his family so have no reason to slag him away from his job.

• Paid Members

Whether Repo was being clever or not, isnt what I meant, though. Its that I would have thought a wrestlers attitude would be to be above this type of thing, considering how thick skinned a wrestler would have to be given the public perception of the profession and the abuse you get from the wrestling fans at the arenas. We dont know her personally and her wrestling image probably isnt how she knocks about the street in real life, so its not even an insult on her looks to be honest. Saraya is a wrestler, so if someone has a go at her I just thought it would be second nature to take it on the chins. And really this is her job. The interview with Stew I'd imagine is wrestling related. This is a wrestling forum. Full of wrestling fans. I'd think for those hearing her voice for the first time or seeing that picture for the first time, we are asked to create an opinion of her and maybe come and see her and get behind her.

Firstly, I don't have a clue who you are 'knightmare' so I wouldn't have approached you about anything mate.

Secondly, I wasn't being clever. I was going by what was stated in the first post. I know very little about these lasses so I was asking a question. What was stated seemed to be a little one-sided towards her, not about both of them.

Whether Repo was being clever or not, isnt what I meant, though. Its that I would have thought a wrestlers attitude would be to be above this type of thing, considering how thick skinned a wrestler would have to be given the public perception of the profession and the abuse you get from the wrestling fans at the arenas. We dont know her personally and her wrestling image probably isnt how she knocks about the street in real life, so its not even an insult on her looks to be honest. Saraya is a wrestler, so if someone has a go at her I just thought it would be second nature to take it on the chins. And really this is her job. The interview with Stew I'd imagine is wrestling related. This is a wrestling forum. Full of wrestling fans. I'd think for those hearing her voice for the first time or seeing that picture for the first time, we are asked to create an opinion of her and maybe come and see her and get behind her.

Once again we will have to agree to disagree, i am a wrestler from the time i walk in the hall till i walk out, i am Ricky Knight when i am home i am Paddy, family man, husband and father and protector of my family. So your saying a heel soap star must except his family being abused for the role he plays. I have been spat at, stabbed, punched kicked and abused in halls and yes i look for that reaction, if someone did that to me in a pub, i would rip there head off, fans nowadays think they have the right to do want they want, at the end of the day we are entertainers, when we go home we are everyday people. Yes i agree this is a wrestling forum and if you or others dont like our style thats fine as fans tell us why but a minority of guys on here set out to be wiseguys and many times spoil a good debate imo.

Firstly, I don't have a clue who you are 'knightmare' so I wouldn't have approached you about anything mate.

Secondly, I wasn't being clever. I was going by what was stated in the first post. I know very little about these lasses so I was asking a question. What was stated seemed to be a little one-sided towards her, not about both of them.

Thats fine buddy but why the Gypo jibe. It was expained Britani had to go out so did as long as she could and Saraya just answered the questions put to her.

• Paid Members
So your saying a heel soap star must except his family being abused for the role he plays.

They do though. Wayne Rooney's perception in the press is that he's a scruffy, greedy, ugly little foul mouthed chav. They have a go at his wife as well. And these are newspapers he does interviews with. But he cant say anything out loud about it because it'll make him look thin-skinned. Its how things are if your in the public eye. And since this is a forum based on the genre which you make a living out of, your wife is in the public eye. This thread was pretty much buried. I just cant see the need in reviving it.

It's indicative of how annoying some posters are on here that I've received positive feedback via PM on here rather than people posting in the thread. Apparently some people can't be bothered dealing with the shit. Congratulations on the continued death of the UKFF. :thumbsup:

• Paid Members
It's indicative of how annoying some posters are on here that I've received positive feedback via PM on here rather than people posting in the thread. Apparently some people can't be bothered dealing with the shit. Congratulations on the continued death of the UKFF. :thumbsup:

The UKFF is dying because people didn't gush over your show in this thread? Why should that even matter? Surely if you've received any positive feedback, via PM or otherwise, it wouldn't matter?

Be honest, have you received any feedback at all? Knightmare doesn't count.

EDIT - For the record, I was going to listen to this out of morbid curiosity but the attitude in your post did sour the idea.

Archived