The "Please suspend me for 48 hours" thread

Mr. Seven

It's indicative of how annoying some posters are on here that I've received positive feedback via PM on here rather than people posting in the thread. Apparently some people can't be bothered dealing with the shit. Congratulations on the continued death of the UKFF. :thumbsup:

The UKFF is dying because people didn't gush over your show in this thread? Why should that even matter? Surely if you've received any positive feedback, via PM or otherwise, it wouldn't matter?

Be honest, have you received any feedback at all? Knightmare doesn't count.

EDIT - For the record, I was going to listen to this out of morbid curiosity but the attitude in your post did sour the idea.

No, you idiot, the UKFF isn't dying because people didn't "gush over my show"... the UKFF is dying because people who want to actually talk about stuff apparently can't be bothered to deal with posters who have nothing better to do than troll. Therefore, we've reached a point in the forum's history where instead of having a discussion over the stories raised in the show (and therefore hopefully educating people about various topics they may not know about - such as the Maidstone riot), the thread ends up with a bunch of trolls making gypo jokes to try and get a rise out of Ricky Knight. I would have appreciated an open and frank discussion over how the fuck a crowd can get away with half beating a woman to death at a wrestling show, or the thoughts brought up by either mother or daughter about how women are judged in the wrestling biz, or any opinions from any longtime British wrestling fans on the old school names mentioned in the show. Once upon a time, that would have happened. Not any more.

Yes, we've received a good amount of positive feeback on the show. It seems people really liked it.

And frankly, if my attitude (which challenges trolls to actually contribute in a positive way rather than make cheap jibes) has put you off listening, then maybe that says more about you than anything else.

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Perhaps the problem isn't what was initially said by myself, but the sad reaction that a number of people have had to it. Why not just answer the question? The gypo comment was made in relation to what was stated by yourself in the initial post - if she's having gypsy fights, what the hell is offensive about calling her a gypo?

I HAD interest, and simply wanted to know if the other girl was covered in it too, but the absolute pissy response from some people has put me right off. I don't know who Ricky Knight is, so I've certainly never tried to get a rise out of him!

Paranoia is sadly strong here.

I actually checked your site out and just seeing Hamada called a "Joshi legend" put me off your podcasts.

I'm a Hamada fan but to put her in the same league as the likes of Manami Toyota, Aja Kong, Akira Hokuto, etc. is rediculous.

Where Hamada comes in the list of joshi legends is up for debate. I'd agree that all three you mentioned represent the absolute top level, but there are a good number of others who I'd mention in the same breath - like, where do you put Nagayo, Asuka, Kudo, Nakano, Dump Matsumoto or even the likes of Jackie Sato and Maki Ueda? Hamada, unfortunately for her, came a few years too late to really catch the likes of Toyota & Hokuto at their peak, but I think she's good enough to be mentioned on a comparitive scale. She's certainly one of the absolute best around today.

Perhaps the problem isn't what was initially said by myself, but the sad reaction that a number of people have had to it. Why not just answer the question? The gypo comment was made in relation to what was stated by yourself in the initial post - if she's having gypsy fights, what the hell is offensive about calling her a gypo?

I HAD interest, and simply wanted to know if the other girl was covered in it too, but the absolute pissy response from some people has put me right off. I don't know who Ricky Knight is, so I've certainly never tried to get a rise out of him!

Paranoia is sadly strong here.

One of the stories in the podcast relates to a particularly shocking story told about how she was basically mugged and beaten half to death by a group of rowdy gypsies at a show in Maidstone. She's not "having gypsy fights".

Problem with Hamada is that she will always be a small fish in an almost empty pond, I remember her holding about half a dozen Titles at the same time and most of them didn't mean shit and I'm sure at least one was a dead Title that was brought back just so she could win it.

The likes of The Crush Gals and Dump are clearly legends due to the fact that they headlined the 80's AJW boom (which I personally found more varied and enjoyable then the 90's boom) and even during the 90's boom you would be hard pressed to find anyone as over as the The Crush Gals in their prime or heels as hated as Dump and her cronies.

Hated the singing though.

Problem with Hamada is that she will always be a small fish in an almost empty pond, I remember her holding about half a dozen Titles at the same time and most of them didn't mean shit and I'm sure at least one was a dead Title that was brought back just so she could win it.

The likes of The Crush Gals and Dump are clearly legends due to the fact that they headlined the 80's AJW boom (which I personally found more varied and enjoyable then the 90's boom) and even during the 90's boom you would be hard pressed to find anyone as over as the The Crush Gals in their prime or heels as hated as Dump and her cronies.

Hated the singing though.

Agreed on Hamada to a degree. I can't call the joshi scene an "empty pond" when the likes of Ozaki, Satomura, Aja Kong and even Toyota are still keeping the standards very high.

And what, you mean the P*MIX tag titles aren't/weren't prestigious...?!! Come on! :p

• Paid Members
It's indicative of how annoying some posters are on here that I've received positive feedback via PM on here rather than people posting in the thread. Apparently some people can't be bothered dealing with the shit. Congratulations on the continued death of the UKFF. :thumbsup:

The UKFF is dying because people didn't gush over your show in this thread? Why should that even matter? Surely if you've received any positive feedback, via PM or otherwise, it wouldn't matter?

EDIT - For the record, I was going to listen to this out of morbid curiosity but the attitude in your post did sour the idea.

No, you idiot, the UKFF isn't dying because people didn't "gush over my show"... the UKFF is dying because people who want to actually talk about stuff apparently can't be bothered to deal with posters who have nothing better to do than troll. Therefore, we've reached a point in the forum's history where instead of having a discussion over the stories raised in the show (and therefore hopefully educating people about various topics they may not know about - such as the Maidstone riot), the thread ends up with a bunch of trolls making gypo jokes to try and get a rise out of Ricky Knight. I would have appreciated an open and frank discussion over how the fuck a crowd can get away with half beating a woman to death at a wrestling show, or the thoughts brought up by either mother or daughter about how women are judged in the wrestling biz, or any opinions from any longtime British wrestling fans on the old school names mentioned in the show. Once upon a time, that would have happened. Not any more.

Yes, we've received a good amount of positive feeback on the show. It seems people really liked it.

And frankly, if my attitude (which challenges trolls to actually contribute in a positive way rather than make cheap jibes) has put you off listening, then maybe that says more about you than anything else.

And you wonder how your attitude could have possibly put me off...

And you wonder how your attitude could have possibly put me off...

I don't. I know exactly why you were put off.

Bloody Hell...

You should seriously consider running a UKFF podcast, where we get to hear the various forum members who are feuding with each other argue and discuss various wrestling-related issues on air.

Decent podcast there, by the way. Not a big fan of female wrestling, but I found it interesting.

• Paid Members

There was a riot in Maidstone?! Maidstone, Kent? Man times have changed since I lived there.

There was a riot in Maidstone?! Maidstone, Kent? Man times have changed since I lived there.

This is precisely the self-aggrandising bullshit I was alluding to in the post that landed me my latest unjust suspension. I don't agree that I came into the thread intending to troll. I noticed it was posted in the main forum and was curious as to the content within, so checked it out only to recoil in cringe-addled horror at the sales pitch delivered by yourself. One witty comment later and I was banished.

However I must thank you for proving my point with the very post above and your own attitude. I've had the misfortune of listening to your podcast before. I found it extremely arrogant, predictably sycophantic and desperately unfunny and did nothing to dispel the images of you and your co-presenter as lecherous workrate perverts.

Cue re-suspension for having an opinion in 5, 4, 3...

Archived