TNA Announces 'Gut Check'

MindGrrind

I'm unsure what the point of this thread was... to inform us about it, or to mock it for being called "gutcheck"?, it's a good enough name as any.

I was posting to inform, it's the first i've heard about it, but obviously it's been around for a while. Obviously a few posters think the name is too similar but I don't have any qualms with it.

I simply found it odd that such a large company were charging fees to attend, and quite high ones at that, considering the 'average' indie wrestler doesn't have much cash to spare.

• Paid Members
I simply found it odd that such a large company were charging fees to attend, and quite high ones at that, considering the 'average' indie wrestler doesn't have much cash to spare.

Sometimes desire clouds judgement. Those jaded will pay this fee thinking they've got the opportunity to work for TNA alongside the likes of Hulk Hogan, Ric Flair and Sting, but don't stop to think that if they're good enough they'll get signed at some point down the line (and not have to pay out of their own back pocket to do so).

I'm unsure what the point of this thread was... to inform us about it, or to mock it for being called "gutcheck"?, it's a good enough name as any.

WWE have done similar camps too. In fact, I remember reading about one such camp that took place last year and I believe the money they were asking was $300+. Plus, there's also those official FCW tryouts that they do where, unless you have been specifically invited to participate, you have to pay $1000 to participate.

• Paid Members

WWE have done similar camps too. In fact, I remembering reading about one such camp that took place last year and I believe the money they were asking was $300+. Plus, there's also those official FCW tryouts that they do where, unless you have been specifically invited to participate, you have to pay $1000 to participate.

There's the difference. You can have more faith in yourself that WWE is going to take a chance on you by inviting you to train with them, rather than paying them to give you a shot.

Archived