Ric Flair..

quote the raven

I thought Naitch was great as manager of Fortune. Not really sure what his role is now, though. He should have turned face with them.

I thought Naitch was great as manager of Fortune. Not really sure what his role is now, though. He should have turned face with them.

It still annoys me that they turned face in the first place, without taking Flair with them. They've stopped wearing the suits and resorted to standard wrestler uniform of Affliction with jeans, so I'm not even sure they have a gimmick anymore - just a smaller version of the Frontline, really.

I think after watching last night's Impact (in the UK), I'd maybe like to see where a double act with him and Matt Hardy would go. Hardy seems motivated (losing the gut for the first time in about 4 years seems to suggest that, anyway), but a bit lost in the shuffle of Immortal, and that stable really needs somebody to step up as a credible threat to assist the two Jeffs with carrying the load. Maybe a Flair/Hardy alliance would bring a bit of personality out of Matt as it did AJ last year.

If they can't get Flair to follow any kind of script (if there is one) then he shouldn't be anyone's manager. Unless they can't talk. Flair comes from a career where he was the top guy and it's force of habit to naturally try to stand out and hog the spotlight. Problem he's got nothing left to say or do, and he hasn't realised this. If he calmed down and helped his charges get over, then he'd actually be contributing something. Instead of looking like a mad tramp in a suit

Archived