UKFF FIFA 11 PS3 League

MoistVaj

After a PM from Tildeguy it appears that I'll be responsible for running the league.

Once it's likely that everyone who's interested in joining up has joined up I'll post a new thread with the fixtures in, and so on, as it'll be easier to keep updating an original post as a reference point rather than having to keep linking back to posts.

Are we using the Fifa league organising thing or are you just doing it through here?

I'll just do it through here. It'll be easier to be more flexible doing it that way as if we have a dropout or two it'll be more complicated to sort it out via Fifa I imagine.

Regarding fixtures, unless anyone has any major complaints, I have looked at other leagues before and seen how the successful ones work and from what I've learned from research plus experiences from the tournament we did I think it'll be better to have a more structured competition fixture wise. My main thought is to each have two matches a week against set teams (sometimes one if it's an odd number of entrants) which would be good as:

- It would mean we'd only have to play for an hour a week or less, so no-one would get fixture burnout and most of us should be able to spare an hour or so per week.

- The tournament ended up being a bit problematic in terms of fixtures being completed so this would ensure that we don't end up with several people in the league having played most of their games and other people having played only a few games.

- There'd be less chasing around trying to get games played as you'd know who you were playing in advance and so it would be easier to organise with your opponent(s) when to play the game(s) that week.

re: stunstone. Thanks for the offer. I should be fine coming up with the fixtures as I've remembered that I have my very own fixture computer (of sorts), but if I need any help I'll definitely ask you as I imagine it could become quite hectic at times once we get in to the season and I have an idea or two that I could delegate to you if you wanted to do it.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

These are the entrants so far:

bumclasshero (bumclasshero) - Bayern Munich

Tildeguy (andrewdutton) - Chelsea

Lawz (LawzE23) - Barcelona

El Nicko Loco (nick_sellers) - Inter

Metallica (Tallica1981) - Arsenal

TUFCfan (TUFCfan) - Napoli

rohpete (rohpete) - Everton

RobJ87 (brfc1987) - Man City

Scorpion Deathlock (kickwhamstunner) - Liverpool

blackcountrywwfc (fmburchillfan121) - AC Milan

stunstone316 (stunstone) - Real Madrid

TezzRexx (TezzRexx) - Aston Villa

>>IAN<< (Leicesterdevils) - Man Utd

Snake Plissken (Dreddcucumber) - Lyon

wmxxx (pm_lynch) - Atletico Madrid

The British Bushwacker (Padzilla) - Tottenham

Joey Blayze (belfast_suntan81) - (?)

It's good to see some new entrants and hopefully we'll get some more before the weekend deadline. I've pm'd those who were in the tournament but haven't signed up yet to let them know that a league is being set up.

• Paid Members

Dreddcucumber

Team: Lyon.

Please be aware I have been without home Internet connection for 3 weeks and I'm hoping it will be back soon. So if you start in the next couple of weeks I may be late starting.

Sixteen entrants thus far, and still plenty of room for more.

The fact that we have so many entrants now means we can go down either one of two league routes so I need your opinions on which you would all prefer:

a) One big league, playing each other once or twice each season.

or

b) Two divisions with team playing each other twice and with promotion and relegation between the two.

I don't mind organising either, and they both have their advantages/disadvantages but I feel it's best to put it to some kind of consensus decision.

One division......play eachother twice and whoever finishes bottom swaps teams with whoever finishes top for the following season and vice versa all the way down the league.....i.e second swaps with second from bottom etc.....keeps it interested and makes you interested in everybody elses results in the league.

Plus it means next season that the best players get a go with the Evertons and Northern Islands of this world...... :p Not to mention the Real Madrids!

Fuck, I feel like the founder of the Premier League! Great to see so many people getting involved. If we do two leagues, we should really incorporate a seeding system going into it from the players who took part in the tournament :)

Fuck, I feel like the founder of the Premier League! Great to see so many people getting involved. If we do two leagues, we should really incorporate a seeding system going into it from the players who took part in the tournament :)

I'd be 2nd division, no questions!

I'd be 2nd division, no questions!

Haha, if you and Snake turn up for your games I'm sure you'll be fine mate :p

One division for now, the people who don't play alot can be chopped out and if we've got a load playing continiously at the end of this league split into two leagues. That way everyones playing to either survive in the top league this season or trying to win it this season.

I think one division is definately the way to go. Just to shill my idea once more (I don't think I explained it very well earlier) I thought it'd make the second season interesting so lets say....Chelsea win and Spurs finish last then whoever was Spurs becomes Chelsea for the second season and vice versa then everybody swaps with the corresponding team all the way down the league. Just means that the better players or players at the big teams get a bit more of a challenge in the second season and those guys near the bottom get a shift in with one of the big boys in world football. It would keep things interesting all the way through. Possibly.

I think one division is definately the way to go. Just to shill my idea once more (I don't think I explained it very well earlier) I thought it'd make the second season interesting so lets say....Chelsea win and Spurs finish last then whoever was Spurs becomes Chelsea for the second season and vice versa then everybody swaps with the corresponding team all the way down the league. Just means that the better players or players at the big teams get a bit more of a challenge in the second season and those guys near the bottom get a shift in with one of the big boys in world football. It would keep things interesting all the way through. Possibly.

That sounds like a good idea to me.

Archived