TNA Victory Road

ajmcstyles

here's the thing, if this was real then why didn't they sub hardy right there and then for somebody else and give them (the crowd, ppv buyers, internetz streamers) there main event moneys worth.?

screams work

just as well hardy wasn't doing a tlc match instead, he could have died in the middle of that ring.

• Replies 349
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

I wouldnt be surprised if its a work, to be honest. The commentators acted like everything was all fine and dandy when Samoa Joe and Kevin Nash did that angle when Scott Hall never turned up. I'd say its even worse if it is an angle, because if it is, they've willingly fucked the audience out of a 30 quid main event. At least Hardy being off his face is beyond their control to an extent. Doesnt help that the rest of the PPV was one of the worst events ever witnessed. The RVD/Anderson match needs to be seen to be believed. They were fucking up everything and even saying "FUCK" when the moves were being blown. The Anderson vs RVD match was actually worse than the main event. Herdnandez vs Morgan was dreadful as well. At least The Heroes of Wrestling PPV had a card game involving Sensational Sherri and George Steele. This didnt even have that.

just as well hardy wasn't doing a tlc match instead, he could have died in the middle of that ring.

That would have been far better, because they could have done an angle where Sting smacks him with his bat and just climbs up the ladder and gets the belt.

• Paid Members
screams work

It really, really doesn't. TNA are not that stupid. Even WCW at their most idiotic wouldn't put this sort of work in a PPV main event. I'd like to know the details because I can't understand how it came to the situation it did but it obviously put them on the spot. If they had any warning, I'm sure they'd have subbed in AJ Styles or someone.

Though i'm not a Hardy fan for his sake I do hope it is a work, otherwise he needs serious serious help.

If it is a work (which I don't think it is) it's even worse (on TNA's part) that someone thought that, people approved it and it actually happened. I can't see how there is any profit whatsoever to this. Maybe a rating bump on impact because people want to see how they iron this mess out but it's not going to achieve anything.

I just listened to Wrestling Observer Radio and they bury the PPV but don't say for sure if Hardy was smashed off his face or anything. He didn't appear to be in that terrible a state, although he never technically wrestled so it'd be hard to tell.

What is telling is his brother worked his arse off (not literally, it's still fat) last night. I know AJ will obviously make him look much better than he is right now, but it's still the hardest Matt Hardy has worked in ages. I find it hard to believe that Matt would have a change of attitude overnight, so maybe he was trying to improve the Hardy image.

• Paid Members
What is telling is his brother worked his arse off (not literally, it's still fat) last night. I know AJ will obviously make him look much better than he is right now, but it's still the hardest Matt Hardy has worked in ages. I find it hard to believe that Matt would have a change of attitude overnight, so maybe he was trying to improve the Hardy image.

Matt Hardy carried RVD's useless old arse to the best match he's had since about 2006 last month. When he wrestles in TNA, Matt Hardy usually puts a shift in. He's still a cock, though. But he's been on form recently.

For me this goes beyond wrestling and the business decisions of TNA/WWE or whoever else might have wanted Jeff Hardy on their roster. If he was that high, that what we saw was true, then Jeff Hardy needs to face his demons again and quickly. As another guy mentioned, he is going the way of Jake Roberts for this generation and I remember just how sad it made me seeing a performer that I used to love become a dishevelled old-before-his-time man whose addictions had cut short his career and ruined his relationships. Jeff's just become a father and I really hope that his problems combined with the demands of the business, don't ruin another family life.

Christ what a mess. Didn't he just get married and recently have a kid? Maybe jail will sort him out.

Ian when in 2010 did wwe offer him a deal? I don't remember hearing about it? Was it right before he started with TNA?

I wouldnt be surprised if its a work, to be honest. The commentators acted like everything was all fine and dandy when Samoa Joe and Kevin Nash did that angle when Scott Hall never turned up. I'd say its even worse if it is an angle, because if it is, they've willingly fucked the audience out of a 30 quid main event. At least Hardy being off his face is beyond their control to an extent. Doesnt help that the rest of the PPV was one of the worst events ever witnessed. The RVD/Anderson match needs to be seen to be believed. They were fucking up everything and even saying "FUCK" when the moves were being blown. The Anderson vs RVD match was actually worse than the main event. Herdnandez vs Morgan was dreadful as well. At least The Heroes of Wrestling PPV had a card game involving Sensational Sherri and George Steele. This didnt even have that.

That would have been far better, because they could have done an angle where Sting smacks him with his bat and just climbs up the ladder and gets the belt.

Would you argue that this PPV could be the catalyst for TNA's demise?

• Paid Members
Christ what a mess. Didn't he just get married and recently have a kid? Maybe jail will sort him out.

Ian when in 2010 did wwe offer him a deal? I don't remember hearing about it? Was it right before he started with TNA?

It was a year gone February. They offered him Shawn Michaels deal, where he'd not work house shows and he'd be getting paid seven figures. They announced it to their stockholders as well, so its legit. But he turned it down because he was soured by the way they'd used his drug addiction on television. Irony.

Would you argue that this PPV could be the catalyst for TNA's demise?

Nah. I dont think anyone watching gives a toss. Thats a problem in itself really. The fanbase is so used to stuff like this happening, that they just get on with it. The only way TNA will go out of business is if Spike pulls out, and thats not going to happen anytime so. They just resigned with them 18 months ago. That Spike deal is more important than anyone on the roster.

• Paid Members

It was a year gone February. They offered him Shawn Michaels deal, where he'd not work house shows and he'd be getting paid seven figures. They announced it to their stockholders as well, so its legit. Put he turned it down because he was soured by the way they'd used his drug addiction as on television. Irony.

Last February? What sort of contract does he have with TNA? Because he showed up on January 4th and then a few weeks later on a regular basis. Was he not under contract originally?

I hadn't heard of it either. I know they tried to keep him in 2009 but never read about another offer.

• Paid Members
Last February? What sort of contract does he have with TNA? Because he showed up on January 4th and then a few weeks later on a regular basis. Was he not under contract originally?

I hadn't heard of it either. I know they tried to keep him in 2009 but never read about another offer.

He turned up on January 4th, but he never returned until March 8th. TNA only used him on January 4th because he was in the area and he wanted to stick it to WWE. He was never under contract to TNA until Match 2010, so WWE could have signed him anywhere between January 4 until March 8. The plan was always that he was going to return to wrestle CM Punk at WrestleMania. But he decided against it.

I can't work it out. I hope Jeff Hardy was just off his face because if this was a work TNA have just ripped off their fans.

If Jeff was fucked I have to say I like the fact Sting just wouldn't have any of it. Some wrestlers would have tried to walk him through a shit match, some would have broken kayfabe and started beating the shit of him but Sting just did the best thing really.

The way things look he's the only one who comes out with any credit.

Archived