TNA Victory Road

ajmcstyles

Notable moments from that YouTube video, taken from the F4W board:

1:33-1:38 Hardy stumbles when he he climbs the steps to enter the ring

2:45- Hardy Says something to ref and leaves ring

3:00- Ref gives the "X" signal to the hard cam

3:08- Ref waves someone to come towards ring

3:12- ref talks to So Cal Val

3:25-3:35- Ref tells Sting something, Sting says "You kidding me?", then mutters stuff under his breath as he throws coat out of ring.

5:57- Bischoff tells off Hardy

6:21- Bischoff tells Sting something.

9:02 - Sting physically holds Jeff Hardy down so he doesn't kick out

9:13-9:18 Sting channeling the Tenryu death glare

10:15-10:20 Sting says "I agree" to the BS chantsSee more

• Replies 349
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

Here's how the TNA website describes the Hardy vs Sting action..

WORLD TITLE: Sting vs. Jeff Hardy with the TNA World Title on the line! After the in-ring introductions, Eric Bischoff came out to inform Sting that because Jeff Hardy didn't have time to prepare for Sting on March 3rd, he was making the title bout a No DQ match! At that point, Sting slugged Bischoff! After nailing Hardy with punches, Sting hit a quick Scorpion Death Drop on Hardy for the shocking pin and win! Sting beat Hardy in record time to retain the World Title!

http://www.tnawrestling.com/news/item/2497...ictory-Road-PPV

Jeff Hardy's bloody lucky that Sting is such a pro.

lol, just think if that a story about sting having to have people carry him through matches were true, both would be standing there for 10 mins solid without doing anything.

• Paid Members

There was some rumour floating about Hardy got arrested after the show. Anyone heard anything further on that?

Don't really know what this is all about, to be honest. On the one hand, Hardy's got form, but by all accounts he'd been good and kept himself clean when it mattered, for the most part. And quite simply, I wouldn't put it past Russo to write something like this: with a whole "Network" angle under way, it wouldn't be surprising if theystart referencing Hardy's drug-taking as a plot device for putting him into conflict with the Network. Maybe they're planning to do a "rehab" angle?

If it's real, no wrestling company in existence should touch Hardy with a mile-long bargepole. They should make a mile-long bargepole just not to touch him with it.

There was some rumour floating about Hardy got arrested after the show. Anyone heard anything further on that?

Don't really know what this is all about, to be honest. On the one hand, Hardy's got form, but by all accounts he'd been good and kept himself clean when it mattered, for the most part. And quite simply, I wouldn't put it past Russo to write something like this: with a whole "Network" angle under way, it wouldn't be surprising if theystart referencing Hardy's drug-taking as a plot device for putting him into conflict with the Network. Maybe they're planning to do a "rehab" angle?

If it's real, no wrestling company in existence should touch Hardy with a mile-long bargepole. They should make a mile-long bargepole just not to touch him with it.

if it is an angle, and involving the network, the match should have taken place on TV where the network would have a case for grevance ("how dare you show up messed up on our network"), not on PPV were people have paid to watch a World Title match, not a 90 second clusterfuck

this is the latest on LOP:

Sting retained the TNA World Heavyweight Title in the main event of tonight's show in a very quick and unusual match against Jeff Hardy. Eric Bischoff came out before the match and made it No DQ, before Sting laid him out. There wasn't much physical contact in the match as Sting hit the Drop out of nowhere and pinned Hardy for the odd win.

There's no word yet on why the quick finish happened but we do know that Sting is in bad shape, more than originally thought. It would have made sense for Sting to drop the title if he was injured but he retained. The show ended tonight with a long recap video of earlier matches and an empty ring shot. Taz and Mike Tenay played it up like Sting had just re-invented himself with the win over Hardy.

PWInsider reports that numerous TNA sources indicate that the main event for the TNA World Heavyweight Title at tonight's Victory Road pay-per-view lasted only 1 minute and 28 seconds because of backstage concern over Jeff Hardy. Other speculation is that Sting wouldn't agree to wrestling a long match with Hardy if he was in bad condition. More details on what happened tonight should be coming out in the next few days.

TNA has announced the following for this Thursday's iMPACT, taping Monday night in Orlando. Jeff Hardy is not mentioned in the preview but is still listed on TNA's iMPACT preview page.

* The aftermath of Sting retaining the World Title at Victory Road and the double count out in the #1 Contender's Match with Mr. Anderson and Rob Van Dam

For what it's worth, Jeff Hardy's court date on drug charges is next Monday, March 21st.

I really don't think this is an Angle. if it is, TNA have solidified themselves as the "Never gonna be's".. But I think there is enough in what happened on the clips I've seen to show that this wasn't what was planned at all.

• Paid Members

From various Eric Bischoff interviews, one thing that's consistent is he stresses the fact that in the main events, you give people what they paid for. So I refuse to believe this is anything but a shoot.

This is Jeff Hardy's fault, and no-one else's. He's a big boy now, and should be in a position to go out and Wrestle , without being high on whatever shit he wants to put into his body. His fault, no-one else's.

I'd sack him straight away, he's just been buried anyway.

I do feel some people, by reading Youtube, are using this as an unneccesary swipe at TNA though. There are a core element of WWE 'fanboys' who love to see things like this happen, so they can create their shit Wrestling utopia of WWE being the only game in town. Which we all know is a nightmare scenario.

I can't imagine for a minute this is an angle. Nor do I believe Sting is in "bad shape", that's just your usual LOP bullshit.

Hardy is stoned to the bone, there was no way a guy of Sting's caliber or age was going to try and wrestle him in that condition. The real intrigue is, how did Hardy get out as far as the ring before anyone noticed how fucked he was? How come it took Sting to make the call to ditch the match?

I know they were put on the spot, but TNA should have thrown SOMETHING together for the main event - have Sting wrestle 5 minutes with Anderson, go to a DQ with interference. Something.

Archived