Strikeforce Been Bought Out By UFC

seanz25

• Paid Members
Totally random angle on this, but where does this leave the sequel to EA Sports MMA, since Strikeforce was the name brand featured within the game?

I was under the impression that the was not going to do 1 anyway due to poor sales?

Say what? Haven't read that any where, but I prefer EA Sports MMA immensely to the UFC Undisputed games.

EDIT: Wikipedia says there's going to be a sequel: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/EA_Sports_MMA#Sequel

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members
I'd say this is worthy of a thread. It's pretty fucking major.

Your username is really gay, BTW. I bet you're trying to imply you're a stud but didn't think it through; it sounds more like you analyse & inspect jizz.

• Paid Members
Paul Daley's thoughts on the news from the Cage Warriors forum

Business as usual, what if i dont wanna fight for DANA WHITE/ZUFFA?......Dana white bans me for life from the UFC, Then buys STRIKEFORCE, and thinks im still gonna be EASY and fight on one of the most anticipated fights of the year (vs Diaz)? Which will no doubt make ZUFFA/Dana White money.

Daley vs Diaz still on?.....Someone better holla at my manager real quick.

Daley is a fucking tool. He needs to look at his options and be happy that Zuffa are not getting rid of fighters that have had problems with them in the past.

Yeah as adamant as Dana is about Daley never fighting in the UFC again you'd think he'd at least keep his mouth shut. He talks about not wanting to make Dana money but if he were stupid enough to pull out of this Diaz fight he's only spiting himself.

It's not like there's a whole lot of options for other places he could fight. Japan's MMA scene is on it's arse, without Japan what does that leave? BAMMA, Shark Fights? As much as I enjoy watching them companies they're clearly not the big leagues. Bellator would be his best hope then.

Daley would be best to just keep his head down, not talk shit about promoters and keep knocking people out and hope he can win Zuffa round or he's gonna be on the small shows the rest of his career. And whether people like him or not he's too talented for that, it would be a real waste of talent.

• Paid Members

It's probably a safe presumption that Zuffa will handle this far better than Vince handled the WCW purchase.

There's just so much to this story. The situation I'm most intrigued about is what happens with Fedor. Really, the only people he can make money with is Zuffa. Will they look to renegotiate their contract with him and M-1 or will they just tell him to sling his hook? I'll be really interested to see how M-1 reacts to this.

• Paid Members
Totally random angle on this, but where does this leave the sequel to EA Sports MMA, since Strikeforce was the name brand featured within the game?

I was under the impression that the was not going to do 1 anyway due to poor sales?

Say what? Haven't read that any where, but I prefer EA Sports MMA immensely to the UFC Undisputed games.

EDIT: Wikipedia says there's going to be a sequel: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/EA_Sports_MMA#Sequel

Yeah I preferred EA's game also but I'm sure I read that the poor sales had put the new game on hold. That link is a wiki link so i'll leave it at that. EA did the same with the Rugby game's even tho they played well they just stopped making them.

Dana's right; Coker is a fight promoter. However, the rest of the investors may have been nervous and uncommitted. As such, so long as it remains independent, Strikeforce are in a better position now than they were last week.

• Paid Members

hmmmn, its hard to see the UFC keeping them as seperate entities and not taking the top guys from Strikeforce...all these debates about 'who's no. 1?' means that surely Dana will bring Strikeforce's top guys in to fight in the UFC.

Interested to see what happens, it's an exciting time.

hmmmn, its hard to see the UFC keeping them as seperate entities and not taking the top guys from Strikeforce...all these debates about 'who's no. 1?' means that surely Dana will bring Strikeforce's top guys in to fight in the UFC.

Interested to see what happens, it's an exciting time.

Dana said they can't any of the Strikeforce guys until either their SF contracts run out or until Strikeforce's deal with Showtime ends in 2 years in which the merger will likely happen.

But any new fighters Zuffa sign from now on or some lower tier talent in UFC, could possibly move between promotions on a fight-by-fight basis.

I think it was Meltzer in yesterday's Observer update who reported that Dan Henderson's Strike Force contract expires with his next fight, and that Henderson was open to a return to the UFC. With the UFC wanting to keep Henderson before he went to Strike Force, it will be interesting to see what happens with him and what his next move will be.

Archived