Strikeforce Been Bought Out By UFC

seanz25

Thought this deserved it's own topic but heres the story:

"Zuffa, the parent company of the Ultimate Fighting Championship, have acquired Strikeforce, the rival MMA organisation, making it a single powerful entity. Strikeforce will stay as it is, with CEO Scott Coker remaining in place.

The UFC were planning a major news conference on Monday, but with rumours leaking out, UFC CEO Dana White explained all to MMAfighting.com."

Now discuss

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

I agree with Ebbs sentiments. This is absolutely fucking mindblowing! No way are the top SF stars going to want to stay, they'll be demanding UFC paydays. The roster was already at bursting point. Simply put, complete MMA headfuck!

• Paid Members

Paul Daley's thoughts on the news from the Cage Warriors forum

Business as usual, what if i dont wanna fight for DANA WHITE/ZUFFA?......Dana white bans me for life from the UFC, Then buys STRIKEFORCE, and thinks im still gonna be EASY and fight on one of the most anticipated fights of the year (vs Diaz)? Which will no doubt make ZUFFA/Dana White money.

Daley vs Diaz still on?.....Someone better holla at my manager real quick.

He never learns

Oh and

lens17684277_1298669681white-king.jpg

• Paid Members
Interesting from Daley, no idea what will happen there.

Daley's pretty dim though and usually has trouble making coherent sentences, so no surprises there.

Shocking news - Dana says Scott Coker will continue to run it though, as well as hire & fire.

Its 10 Years ago this month that WWF bought out WCW as well. The more things change, the more they stay the same.

Maybe they can have a Strikeforce v UFC pay per view. Or have Dana's kids run Strikeforce [/token McMahon comparisons]

Maybe they can have a Strikeforce v UFC pay per view. Or have Dana's kids run Strikeforce [/token McMahon comparisons]

Dana has stated that he doesn't ever want to have a superfight card. So thats a no go on Strikeforce vs UFC although we may end up seeing strikeforce guys going to the UFC so its kinda possible

• Paid Members
Paul Daley's thoughts on the news from the Cage Warriors forum

Business as usual, what if i dont wanna fight for DANA WHITE/ZUFFA?......Dana white bans me for life from the UFC, Then buys STRIKEFORCE, and thinks im still gonna be EASY and fight on one of the most anticipated fights of the year (vs Diaz)? Which will no doubt make ZUFFA/Dana White money.

Daley vs Diaz still on?.....Someone better holla at my manager real quick.

Daley is a fucking tool. He needs to look at his options and be happy that Zuffa are not getting rid of fighters that have had problems with them in the past.

• Paid Members
Totally random angle on this, but where does this leave the sequel to EA Sports MMA, since Strikeforce was the name brand featured within the game?

I was under the impression that the was not going to do 1 anyway due to poor sales?

Archived