Pick Your Power Game Thread

Mike Castle

• Paid Members
I'm not too proud to admit that I get things wrong sometimes, but I was scared off driving 2 scum wagons in the last game (Ron then Swift) because people weren't getting on board and I was in danger of turning opinion against me so can you blame me for sticking to my guns this time?

I totally agree that you should stick to your guns, but you shouldn't be pulling the trigger 48 hours in. Unless you were scum.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I'm not too proud to admit that I get things wrong sometimes, but I was scared off driving 2 scum wagons in the last game (Ron then Swift) because people weren't getting on board and I was in danger of turning opinion against me so can you blame me for sticking to my guns this time?

I totally agree that you should stick to your guns, but you shouldn't be pulling the trigger 48 hours in. Unless you were scum.

So is that an accusation? Or a critique of my gameplay? If it's the first, I'll say that you were at L-1 last night until there was a reprieve regarding the contents of TDK's role PM. I might have led the charge, but there were 8 players last night who decided that you should be lynched 48 hours in. Are they all scum?

• Paid Members

So is that an accusation? Or a critique of my gameplay? If it's the first, I'll say that you were at L-1 last night until there was a reprieve regarding the contents of TDK's role PM. I might have led the charge, but there were 8 players last night who decided that you should be lynched 48 hours in. Are they all scum?

Not all of them, but i'm willing to bet that at least 2, maybe 3 are. There are a couple of people in there who may have seen that I was the wagon and figured it was best to jump on, as they haven't any suspicions yet. Then there is the element who may well have been annoyed with Teedys less than cordial style.

My point is this. In a town role, you would never have said you wanted people to vote for me at that stage of the game. How do I know? Because you're smart and your level headed and reasoned approach to these situations helped town with key lynches in the last game.

Seeing as you are trying to lynch me in a manor that is anti town and the fact that I think if you were town, you'd have played differently, i'm going to say I think you are scum.

Vote: Bristep123

you were at L-1 last night until there was a reprieve regarding the contents of TDK's role PM. I might have led the charge, but there were 8 players last night who decided that you should be lynched 48 hours in. Are they all scum?

Not all of them, but i'm willing to bet that at least 2, maybe 3 are. There are a couple of people in there who may have seen that I was the wagon and figured it was best to jump on, as they haven't any suspicions yet. Then there is the element who may well have been annoyed with Teedys less than cordial style.

My point is this. In a town role, you would never have said you wanted people to vote for me at that stage of the game. How do I know? Because you're smart and your level headed and reasoned approach to these situations helped town with key lynches in the last game.

Seeing as you are trying to lynch me in a manor that is anti town and the fact that I think if you were town, you'd have played differently, i'm going to say I think you are scum.

Vote: Bristep123

By the last game, do you mean the one you replaced out of where I was first to vote on two town lynches day one and two, and again was for a town lynch day 4 as well? I don't have a history of good hits, this is still only my forth game on this forum. It was my lack of experience which actually prevented me on sticking with the 2 good reads I have had so far. The game prior I was scum, and the game prior to that (my first one) I didn't have a clue who the scum were, and apart from Nexus who sent himself to the noose we didn't get any other scum lynched in the game. So that statement is totally inaccurate at best, and a complete lie at worst (I know, I know, I've just disproved a compliment).

I don't like tactics being thrown out as stead fast standards and practices in the game, "You did this, and this is considered anti-town which means you are scum". It's subjective, as you'll see once my alignment is revealed (by death or endgame) and you find out that I am in fact town.

Let me float a scenario. I am second on the draft list, and if I'm scum then they have almost certainly got a power role. Now, if you are town and I know you're town then why would I focus so hard on getting you lynched, knowing that once you die and flip town that I'm a shoe in to die next day, costing the scum team a power role? Would it not make more sense for me to ask another scummer, i.e a Vanilla if they have one to go after you?

I still think there's every chance you could be scum, TDK's meltdown is the only solid towntell I've seen from him in the game so far, and you've come in guns blazing for the person who drove the wagon on you, using the fact that you sort of come in with a blank slate to say "I know I'm town, so that means I can take an objective look and see that you are scum".

Since you came into the game, you have :

Gone straight after the person who started the wagon on your slot.

Based your vote soley on the fact that you *know you're town* which nobody beside you and the (potentially rest of the) scum team actually know to be true, and game mechanics ("This is considered anti-town, so your actions must have been scummy")

Backhanded insult (although you worded it more like "You are too intelligent to act this way unless you are scum", I read it more like "You must be scum, because you aren't *that* stupid as to call for my lynch if you're town")

Presented false information (Talking about me helping to secure key lynches in previous games, when there really isn't a history of it.)

My final counter point is this. I am in a town role, and I did say that I wanted people to vote for you at that stage of the game. So if you're town, you're wrong, and if you're scum, you're lying. I can't really be any clearer than that.

• Paid Members
correcting your quote Nick, Why are you saying I have jumped on Lion when I have not a vote or FOS on him? Have you looked at why I have suggested Lion would be worth looking at?

You said:

It is more likely of the two lion is scum after all he may be trying to distance to avoid looking like a scum team

So while you didn't cast an RVS or vote, it looks as though you've jumped on him there. You also said it wasn't because he hadn't posted a lot, yet in that same post you said he was distancing himself. I've got my eye on you, Larry Z.

I wasn't jmupy at you earlier I questioned why you were rolefishing for SMS role. And if I was hiding something attracting the attentions of pretty much the entire town isn't really the way to do it is it?

Yeah, because so far you haven't attracted any attention to yourself at all. :rolleyes:

EBWOP (Forgot to add my comments!)

Stop trying to fish for my role! angry.gif

It is night 1, so we have to use the odd night vigilante, not the even one.

You won't get any clue from me in regards to my role so just stop it or next time I will place a vote on you.

FOS: El Nicko Loco

Re-read what I posted, I'm trying to help you. You named a specific role, which is dangerous to do whether you actually have got that role or not. Scum will see that and make you a target. Also, I'm not asking you for clues as if you read the post again I said to keep a low profile.

Don't forget that someone might have a role which means they are Vanilla now but get the first power role killed.

I think you two both might be town and have just got stuck in a pointless circle discussing pointless points.

If I think someone is guilty during day 1, as I have nothing else to go on, I will vote and if I think I have a good case I will push the wagon hard.

We need a result or something to follow up on, which we don't really get chance to until day 2, so I don't see voting early in day 1 a scum tell but can see why others might.

If this had been any other day, I might have to examine the case a bit more, but I think I have read through enough to convince me for now that you both might be town.

That decision might change by time day 2 comes around and we start getting some proper serious gameplay going on and have results and other info to go on.

Still can't shake the feeling so for no real reason what so ever, just a bad feeling I get from his posts, especially claiming Vanilla for no reason.

Vote: Lion of the Midlands

correcting your quote Nick, Why are you saying I have jumped on Lion when I have not a vote or FOS on him? Have you looked at why I have suggested Lion would be worth looking at?

You said:

It is more likely of the two lion is scum after all he may be trying to distance to avoid looking like a scum team

So while you didn't cast an RVS or vote, it looks as though you've jumped on him there. You also said it wasn't because he hadn't posted a lot, yet in that same post you said he was distancing himself. I've got my eye on you, Larry Z.

I wasn't jmupy at you earlier I questioned why you were rolefishing for SMS role. And if I was hiding something attracting the attentions of pretty much the entire town isn't really the way to do it is it?

Yeah, because so far you haven't attracted any attention to yourself at all. :rolleyes:

You won't get any clue from me in regards to my role so just stop it or next time I will place a vote on you.

Re-read what I posted, I'm trying to help you. You named a specific role, which is dangerous to do whether you actually have got that role or not. Scum will see that and make you a target. Also, I'm not asking you for clues as if you read the post again I said to keep a low profile.

This post appeared before mine as I was typing my post so I best reply to it now.

When I discuss a role, I will talk about every role I feel needs addressing, even if it is my own.

I won't hint at my role, well not at this early stage anyhow, as I don't want scum knowing what role I have just yet.

The one role I would be interested in knowing about is the bomb though.

Would it be wise for them to admit if they have the role now?

Our cop could investigate them to check if they are town and telling the truth and we don't risk blowing ourselves up.

I feel it might be a wise decision but understand if others disagree.

If we go ahead with this, we give someone 24 hours to admit it, if nobody does we go with the fact scum have it or it is not in the game.

My internet connection is running really slow today so I will give this game a break till later tonight.

• Paid Members
Since you came into the game, you have :

Gone straight after the person who started the wagon on your slot.

Based your vote soley on the fact that you *know you're town* which nobody beside you and the (potentially rest of the) scum team actually know to be true, and game mechanics ("This is considered anti-town, so your actions must have been scummy")

Backhanded insult (although you worded it more like "You are too intelligent to act this way unless you are scum", I read it more like "You must be scum, because you aren't *that* stupid as to call for my lynch if you're town")

Presented false information (Talking about me helping to secure key lynches in previous games, when there really isn't a history of it.)

My final counter point is this. I am in a town role, and I did say that I wanted people to vote for you at that stage of the game. So if you're town, you're wrong, and if you're scum, you're lying. I can't really be any clearer than that.

Let's clear this up, my vote is based on you deciding 48 hours in to the game that I should be lynched and imploring everyone to vote for me. I think this is scummy and a poor call. It isn't you, anyone who said that 48 hours in would be the object of my suspicion.

No insult intended, I think that you're a clever player. Sorry if you read it any other way.

As for presenting false information: to claim that i'm voting for you 'soley on the fact that I *know i'm town*' is false information. But if you're town, then mydoing it must be a town thing, right?

• Paid Members
When I discuss a role, I will talk about every role I feel needs addressing, even if it is my own.

I won't hint at my role, well not at this early stage anyhow, as I don't want scum knowing what role I have just yet.

I wouldn't want scum knowing about what role you have period. If they find out which power role you have then they'll make a target out of you for sure. It all goes back to what I said before about you keeping a low profile. Do you see what I mean now about now trying to rolefish you, but rather protect you?

• Paid Members

You said:

This post appeared before mine as I was typing my post so I best reply to it now.

The one role I would be interested in knowing about is the bomb though.

Would it be wise for them to admit if they have the role now?

Our cop could investigate them to check if they are town and telling the truth and we don't risk blowing ourselves up.

I feel it might be a wise decision but understand if others disagree.

If we go ahead with this, we give someone 24 hours to admit it, if nobody does we go with the fact scum have it or it is not in the game.

My internet connection is running really slow today so I will give this game a break till later tonight.

Noob question - could/would Scum players attempt to pick Town powers purely to deny Town players getting them?

• Paid Members

I'm not sure where I stand on TDK/brownie now. I unvoted him after the PM thing but now it appears that everyone's PM was in that format so it means it's not as clear-cut as it would appear. Obviously now that brownie has replaced him it would be unfair to paw over TDK's posts but there's one or two things I'd like brownie to clear up.

Oh and before I go to bed, kit does seem apparent that tom did hit the nail on the head (yes I said that on purpose)

Lion attempted a stitch up

VOTE: Lion of the Midlands

What is your personal opinion on this? Also, you've put a FOS on Chris B and many suggest he is scum with Lion, so what does your fos on chris mean in relation to Lion?

• Paid Members
I'm not sure where I stand on TDK/brownie now. I unvoted him after the PM thing but now it appears that everyone's PM was in that format so it means it's not as clear-cut as it would appear. Obviously now that brownie has replaced him it would be unfair to paw over TDK's posts but there's one or two things I'd like brownie to clear up.

I think it's perfectly fair to do that- Brownie may have read the whole thread before/after volunteering, and so far I've seen nothing from him to recant Teedy's assertions so either he hasn't read them or he thinks it's tactically sound to maintain them. I'm going for the latter as Brownie has kept a cooler head while slipping into the role with ease.

• Paid Members

Maybe the assertions but I meant more the language elements of TDK's posts as like you say, Brownie had kept a cool head, so my point was we can't throw "well look how aggressively you posted your defence" at him or anything like that

• Paid Members

Oh and before I go to bed, kit does seem apparent that tom did hit the nail on the head (yes I said that on purpose)

Lion attempted a stitch up

VOTE: Lion of the Midlands

What is your personal opinion on this? Also, you've put a FOS on Chris B and many suggest he is scum with Lion, so what does your fos on chris mean in relation to Lion?

The FOS on Chris B is down to the timing and positioning of his vote. My theory on this (vote 3 is most likely scum) was bang on last time and was also his trademark when the two of us were scum together in the Royal Rumble game. He may well be scum again, but right now, the FOS is there because it's something to keep in mind. It's just about Chris B, nobody else.

As for Lion and Chris both being scum - I don't think they'd pick the same numbers - it dramatically reduces the chances of them having a power role, which is daft.

No idea why Teedy said 'hit the nail on the head' on purpose. Some sort of hammer pun?

Also, Seph is right - Teedy Kay is me. I am him. We are this slot in the game. Anything said by Teedy is my reponsibility to defend/explain.

Archived