Pick Your Power Game Thread

Mike Castle

• Paid Members

Chris a number of people can confirm this is the case but yes SMS is the only one who can answer without revealing a power role to the scum.

SMS as the only person who has a role guaranteed and has revealed that you have a role, can you confirm whether or not you received your PM back from Mike including your choice of role in the PM?

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

I'm not letting any insults go in this game. Attack peoples arguments, feel free to point out hypocrisies, or whatever, but insults of any kind, be they "thick", "imbecilic" or anything harsher I wont allow. This has nothing to do with any one player, just that the games need to focus on the game side of it, and not anything that could harm someone elses fun. Thus I have to be fair across the board to all players.

This is my final say on the matter.

• Paid Members

Then fuck it and bin me!

I am not having you say my posts are insulting, when quite frankly I have read worse in the majority of games.

I find it insulting you have raised this matter, my tone and language was adult, it was in no way laden with filth, I believed a naive bit of gameplay was imbecilic, I have that right of thought, and I have that right to post that thought, if that is different in your games Mike, I'll gladly depart!

mod request: Replacement

Then fuck it and bin me!

I am not having you say my posts are insulting, when quite frankly I have read worse in the majority of games.

I find it insulting you have raised this matter, my tone and language was adult, it was in no way laden with filth, I believed a naive bit of gameplay was imbecilic, I have that right of thought, and I have that right to post that thought, if that is different in your games Mike, I'll gladly depart!

Is it cold up there on your high horse? You called Tom thick, whether you think it's valid or not it's still a direct insult.

• Paid Members

Annoyingly, this whole thing takes us back to square one. None of the stuff TDK tried to use to clear himself was anything that nobody else could have worked out. Scum more so.

If it wasn't for the fact that he's now throwing a strop, I'd be thinking about putting my vote back on him, but it would be bad timing now. Blast.

• Paid Members
Then fuck it and bin me!

Is it cold up there on your high horse? You called Tom thick, whether you think it's valid or not it's still a direct insult.

So I find this insulting, you're insinuating I'm impetulant, will the samerule apply?

Either way I care not, request still stands

I'm not letting any insults go in this game. Attack peoples arguments, feel free to point out hypocrisies, or whatever, but insults of any kind, be they "thick", "imbecilic" or anything harsher I wont allow. This has nothing to do with any one player, just that the games need to focus on the game side of it, and not anything that could harm someone elses fun. Thus I have to be fair across the board to all players.

This is my final say on the matter.

The condescending attitude of some people in this game so far has been absolutely untrue. At what point did it become perfectly reasonable to just shout someone down with an attitude of 'Oh well, you say that, but you would being thick and that'?

As rich as it is that Mike is handing down the 'Now now, lets not be insulting' warnings, can we please just try and remember that this is just a game, and not a chance for people to be arsey, and completely up themselves? There are certain players in this very game that seem to steam in with an attitude of 'Oh, well if that's what you think, you make no sense and must be a simpleton', who have carried that line of thinking in every game I've seen them in. Behave yourselves, and get scum hunting.

To round things off, TDK, if you can't stand the heat, get out of the kitchen.

unvote, vote TeedyKay

• Paid Members
Annoyingly, this whole thing takes us back to square one. None of the stuff TDK tried to use to clear himself was anything that nobody else could have worked out. Scum more so.

If it wasn't for the fact that he's now throwing a strop, I'd be thinking about putting my vote back on him, but it would be bad timing now. Blast.

Again, insulting to my direction

• Paid Members
quite frankly I have read worse in the majority of games.

So you should understand exactly why ALL insults need to be cut off right at the base, with no "wiggle room" for "but that's not as insulting as that is". As if I allow "not that bad personal insults" I have to try and judge myself on what is too bad. What might seem perfectly okay for person A, might piss off person B. Thus you have two options. Let ALL insults go, including all manner of swearing. Or outright ban anything insult wise.

As we need to stop insults and personal attacks in these games, I'm going for option 2. If that offends you, then fair play. But I expect all mods to be including that as one of the most basic rules alongside "bold your votes".

Incidentally, I'm not saying you meant to insult him, merely that it's a global rule that I'm enforcing. If you wish to rejoin the game before I've found a replacement we'll have no more said of it.

For now, everyone may resume the game instead of commenting on this non-game related issue.

• Paid Members
Then fuck it and bin me!

Calm down a bit, eh? Just forget about what happened and rejoin the game. People aren't agreeing with your stance here, so hopefully once you calm down a little you'll see that and keep on playing.

The stupid thing about the TDK meltdown is that it's clearly not the actions of a scummer, as I originally thought when he went toe-to-toe with bristep (someone else who could do with toning down his attitude), so on that note:

unvote

Scum must be pissing their pants laughing at the town ripping each other right now

The stupid thing about the TDK meltdown is that it's clearly not the actions of a scummer, as I originally thought when he went toe-to-toe with bristep (someone else who could do with toning down his attitude), so on that note:

unvote

Scum must be pissing their pants laughing at the town ripping each other right now

Can you quantify that FG? Have I insulted, berated or belittled anyone?

unvote

Can you quantify that FG? Have I insulted, berated or belittled anyone?

No, I just find your general 'better than you' attitude in every game you've been in to be a tad demeaning, and would appreciate it if you toned it down.

• Paid Members
quite frankly I have read worse in the majority of games.

So you should understand exactly why ALL insults need to be cut off right at the base, with no "wiggle room" for "but that's not as insulting as that is". As if I allow "not that bad personal insults" I have to try and judge myself on what is too bad. What might seem perfectly okay for person A, might piss off person B. Thus you have two options. Let ALL insults go, including all manner of swearing. Or outright ban anything insult wise.

As we need to stop insults and personal attacks in these games, I'm going for option 2. If that offends you, then fair play. But I expect all mods to be including that as one of the most basic rules alongside "bold your votes".

Incidentally, I'm not saying you meant to insult him, merely that it's a global rule that I'm enforcing. If you wish to rejoin the game before I've found a replacement we'll have no more said of it.

For now, everyone may resume the game instead of commenting on this non-game related issue.

Don't give a shit now, I find the fact you of all people have WARNED me for such a thing hypocritical beyond belief. If ever there was anyone who belittles and berates people over gameplay, it's you. You often condescend and look down on folk, so to have YOU warn me over anything of a similar ilk, I'm sorry I can not work that way.

My request still stands.

I also ask that all those that have pointed to this a a meltdown, or anything else be warned, it is insulting afterall, but you won't.

To the game, I can only apologise for this, but I am not having Mike Castle, who does this every game with his hollier than thou attitude warn my gameplay. I just can't do it

Archived