Crazy wcw angles

theironshake

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

Cleetus your sig is class. Goldberg, Nash, Hall, Sting, Hogan, The Cat and DDP were all supposed to join forces on the relaunch to battle the Mag-Daddy 7. WCW in 2001 was back on form. Johnny Ace missed his calling. Him and Bischoff made a decent little back to basics booking team.

I remember Butch posted a heartbreaking link of the TBS website still advertising that Thunder will be back on the air shortly. I'm still waiting :(

• Paid Members

just thought of a few more!

Robocop in wcw!! and he makes the horseman shit themselves.

Bret Hart. is he nwo or just cheif scout! baffaling

Mike Awsome - Fat Chick Thriller

Mike Awsome - that 70s guy

But because none of the comentators knew about this angle (as was apparently the way in WCW at the time) the only person on the planet who couldn't see Warrior was Easy E it made him look a right cock!

The worst thing about that was, despite it being ridiculed to fuck, WWE did the same skit with Randy Orton and Undertaker seven years later.

I remember Butch posted a heartbreaking link of the TBS website still advertising that Thunder will be back on the air shortly. I'm still waiting :(

Oddly enough, the site also has a few low-quality .MOV previews of episodes from early 1998, biographies of Tenay and Larry, and some ecards!

http://static.tbs.com/sports/thunder/index.htm

• Moderators

I'd just love to know what Enhanced TBS was. But looking at Cleet's sig that's WCW's 2001 rebirth on the Nitro after Sin when Cat came out to a superstars reaction when they set up the "Taking people out for the Big Bang".

Shit, 2001 WCW was awesome. And along with Jason Jett, a rejuvenated Dustin Rhodes and CEO Ric Flair, Cat was on top of his game. Nash was motivated as you like that Feb as well.

Ace would be far more of benefit with the book than in Talent Relations for WWE. He even made Lance Storm interesting and over for SIX MONTHS.

• Paid Members

I hear almost invariably that wCw was great in 2001 - obviously, that bit must have started in 2000 somewhere, so if I wanted to watch it from where it started being decent to when the promotion eventually shut down, where should I start from?

• Paid Members
I hear almost invariably that wCw was great in 2001 - obviously, that bit must have started in 2000 somewhere, so if I wanted to watch it from where it started being decent to when the promotion eventually shut down, where should I start from?

I'd say December is when things started turning round for them, and by January they really started to hit their stride. I rewatched all the 01 Nitro's last year and it really is fantastic tv, quite simple booking, but really effective.

Prepare to jump on the Cat bandwagon, Carbomb.

Edit. Here's Megaupload links for all the Feb and March Nitro's, The January links seem to have disappeared..

http://www.filestube.com/b7eba30ecc2343a20...12-01-IasM.html

http://www.filestube.com/2054f3505e365c700...19-01-IasM.html

I'm watching June 2000 atm and my god that Goldberg heel turn was bad, i pushed most of that put of my mind as it made no sense doing it. He only recently came back and was the most over guy on the roster still.

The Kidman turn the same night was dumb, helping out Hogan after all that had happened.

It's not an angle as such but the stupidest thing they ever did was the triple threat shoot fight, Schiavone shouting "There's no script!!" every 30 seconds and the rest of the announcers going on about Steiner being professional for taking the Jacknife was just beyond shite

• Paid Members
I'm watching June 2000 atm and my god that Goldberg heel turn was bad, i pushed most of that put of my mind as it made no sense doing it. He only recently came back and was the most over guy on the roster still.

Turning Goldberg heel was moronic, but I kind of enjoyed him in the role. His vicious beatdown on a just returned from beating Cancer Jim Duggan is still one of the most effective "this guy is fucking evil!" segments I've ever seen.

You could have pretty much the whole New Blood Rising PPV here:

* Ladder Match Jung Dragons vs. 3 Count- Wasnt 3 Count's 'gold disc' and Recording Contract up there, but the match only ended when the contract was taken down, thus rendering the gold disc completly pointless.

* Great Muta jobbing to Ernest Miller, only to then win the tag belts with Vampiro later in the show

* Mike Awesome vs. Lance Storm - Canadian Rules match...best thing I ever saw in Russo era WCW

It's not an angle as such but the stupidest thing they ever did was the triple threat shoot fight, Schiavone shouting "There's no script!!" every 30 seconds and the rest of the announcers going on about Steiner being professional for taking the Jacknife was just beyond shite

Wasn't there also backstage vignettes of Buff Bagwell complaining about being scripted to lose to Scotty Riggs? Don't think I saw it but felt like it was the most stupid thing I had ever heard of.

What about the four-way tag team Hell in a Cell escape match - with the three teams that escaped first earning the three spots as challengers to the tag team champions in a regular four-way tag match at the following pay-perv-view? Phew!

Archived