Sign in to follow this  
Egg Shen

Documentary Thread #2

I did see a bit of controversy around there being a white supremacist/nazi band on the soundtrack for Color Out Of Space as well. Also, one of his documentaries is about nazis. And Color out of Space is an adaptation of work by a noted racist...

(Ah, cherry-picking is fun)

The documentary is great. Also hilarious - the stuff with Marco Hofschneider talking about how poorly treated he was by the rest of the cast just keeps getting funnier.

56 minutes ago, Devon Malcolm said:

@Loki can you confirm that your mate Richard Stanley isn't a Nazi, thanks.

Note to any lawyers:

I have not said he is a "Nazi", just that the end of my name was written in the style of the "SS" logo for comedic effect! 

edit: I found the poster out. The SS isn't as prominent as I remember, but still there...

20200916_132017.thumb.jpg.1e7ac3d0d68de0773feb4e3a5ea8e152.jpg20200916_132003.thumb.jpg.13a9622e47d07a7a59e21d51d76d35e0.jpg20200916_132017.thumb.jpg.1e7ac3d0d68de0773feb4e3a5ea8e152.jpg

Edited by Cod Eye

28 minutes ago, Keith Houchen said:

At least it wasn’t a Star of David. 

Exactly what I was thinking as a took the photo...

Has anyone seen Shirkers? I don't want to give too much away because it's such a wild ride that steadily unfolds but I watched it last night and it's probably the best documentary I've seen on film-making, a tad self indulgent but I'm 100% for that.

The basic premise is that three hip, edgy young women and a creepy older man film what would be the first(?) experimental movie in Singapore.

45 minutes ago, Merzbow said:

Has anyone seen Shirkers? I don't want to give too much away because it's such a wild ride that steadily unfolds but I watched it last night and it's probably the best documentary I've seen on film-making, a tad self indulgent but I'm 100% for that.

The basic premise is that three hip, edgy young women and a creepy older man film what would be the first(?) experimental movie in Singapore.

Sounds interesting, is it streaming?

47 minutes ago, Merzbow said:

It's brilliant. Don't read anything else about it!

1 minute ago, Merzbow said:

Yeah it's on Netflix.

Just now, Devon Malcolm said:

It's brilliant. Don't read anything else about it!

Cheers lads, will watch that tonight!

On 9/16/2020 at 12:25 PM, Devon Malcolm said:

@Loki can you confirm that your mate Richard Stanley isn't a Nazi, thanks.

He made a film about SS nut job Otto Rahn and his search for the Holy Grail, so I can’t rule it out.